Putting out my squashes / courgettes?
Broadway Offline
Was planning for the next few days, do people think it's warm enough?
Regards..........Danny Smile

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I'm thinking the same Danny, mine have been out in the days for over a while and overnight for the last 3. I reckon they coped with 3° in the gh so should be OK with 8-12 overnight forecast. I might hedge my bets and have a couple spare in the sidelines in case disaster happens. It's frightening, it's nearly June, we shouldn't be asking this question!
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, mcdood

Broadway Offline
He who dares JenSmileSmile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, mcdood

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
My courgettes were planted out weeks ago. They've survived some very cold nights too - its not all sunshine here.Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, mcdood

Broadway Offline
(29-05-2021, 10:37 AM)Veggie Wrote: My courgettes were planted out weeks ago. They've survived some very cold nights too - its not all sunshine here.Smile
Well if it's good enough for you missy consider them evicted Smile
  • JJB, Veggie

mcdood Offline
My courgettes and some squashes were planted this week
[-] The following 2 users Like mcdood's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Planted the courgettes out a couple of weeks ago but are only slowing growing. Planting out my squash was on my to do list for today but not recovered from trip to London to see daughter and grandson at London Zoo yesterday. Will now be tomorrow. Yoyoed up and down north Circular before found right exit going and then took a  wrong turn on the way back . Probably not the best day to go at start of a bank holiday

The area has been rough dug and has loads of buttercups and dandylions in, still a corner left to do. I didn't think it could get overgrown so quickly when it grew a good crop of onions last year but I suppose it has been left to its own devices since mid August last.. Will have another day to dry out and then rake level and plant with squash and sweetcorn.

[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie

Broadway Offline
(29-05-2021, 01:43 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote: Planted the courgettes out a couple of weeks ago but are only slowing growing. Planting out my squash was on my to do list for today but not recovered from trip to London to see daughter and grandson at London Zoo yesterday. Will now be tomorrow. Yoyoed up and down north Circular before found right exit going and then took a  wrong turn on the way back . Probably not the best day to go at start of a bank holiday

The area has been rough dug and has loads of buttercups and dandylions in, still a corner left to do. I didn't think it could get overgrown so quickly when it grew a good crop of onions last year but I suppose it has been left to its own devices since mid August last.. Will have another day to dry out and then rake level and plant with squash and sweetcorn.

As an aside Mark we had our wedding reception in London Zoo!!
  • JJB, Mark_Riga

Bren Offline
Danny I planted 2 of my courgettes yesterday and popped a cloche over them, the other 3 and a squash are on the lawn under a cloche they'll be planted in the next few days.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Broadway