Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night!
shaunie2x Offline
#1,091
(25-11-2021, 07:21 PM)Veggie Wrote: Hi there shaunie. Doing anything exciting at the moment?
hiya Smile

Bren Offline
#1,092
(25-11-2021, 08:38 PM)Jay Wrote: Evening, well here I am 5 weeks down the line and still coughing like nobody’s business! This has been one awful cold!! Guy doing my BiL’s booster told him every second person was coming in with a really bad cold! It’s not nice I can tell you and you did read right…5 blooming weeks!! ?

No wonder you've had enough of it Jay 5 weeks is a long time,  my cold was a short  3 days and MrB's lasted 2 weeks.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Jay, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
#1,093
Evening all

A day spent hugging the woodburner today apart from walking Kato,making and eating lunch and walking kato again. Smile

Just came in from a long walk with him. This storm we have just had has done more damage to the trees than any of the previous storms. Cry There are numerous trees down along the Derwent walk where I take him. Most of them you can thread your way through the branches and get past. There was one though where Kato and I were both apprehensive of going under it. I tod him if you hear a crack just get ready to run like hell. Rolleyes
Logpile near the door is getting depleted so no matter what the weather does tomorrow I will have to get the wheelbarrow out and get some more logs brought down from my log store.(Its a shame they wouldn't allow me and my chainsaw along the Derwent walk!) Rolleyes

Stay safe everyone and TTFN.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 6 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Jay, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,094
Something to take your mind off the cold, Vinny https://www.permaculture.co.uk/articles/...0m1iJq7odY
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Vinny Offline
#1,095
(28-11-2021, 06:35 PM)Veggie Wrote: Something to take your mind off the cold, Vinny https://www.permaculture.co.uk/articles/...0m1iJq7odY
Intersting article Veggie. I should really crack on with my camper build but the woodburner keeps pulling me back indoors for a hug! Rolleyes
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,096
That's why I thought you'd like something to read. Big Grin
It was cold here overnight (-1 in the GH) but it was quite nice in the garden this morning - cut back the old canes on something that's either a loganberry or tayberry. Then I went out collecting freebie books and ended up in Morries for a few yellow stickers. Nothing worth telling you about though.

One of the books I collected I have already read and I wondered whether any of you have read it. "The Moneyless Man" by Mark Doyle. He spent a year living without money (a bit like Spec), His yellow sticker food came from skips and foraging. Its an interesting read but I couldn't go that far. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Boyle...ess_Man%29
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Vinny Offline
#1,097
(28-11-2021, 08:32 PM)Veggie Wrote: That's why I thought you'd like something to read. Big Grin
It was cold here overnight (-1 in the GH) but it was quite nice in the garden this morning - cut back the old canes on something that's either a loganberry or tayberry. Then I went out collecting freebie books and ended up in Morries for a few yellow stickers. Nothing worth telling you about  though.

One of the books I collected I have already read and I wondered whether any of you have read it. "The Moneyless Man" by Mark Doyle. He spent a year living without money  (a bit like Spec), His yellow sticker food came from skips and foraging. Its an interesting read but I couldn't go that far. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Boyle...ess_Man%29
I watched a guy like this on Youtube, not too sure whether it was him or not though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

Jay Offline
#1,098
Kato is gorgeous Vinny!
West of Scotland
[-] The following 3 users Like Jay's post:
  • Bren, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
#1,099
Morning all

11 degrees in living room this morning. Sunrise was at 8.04this morning which coincides exactly with when I got up. Rolleyes Methinks my body clock is inline with going to bed when its dark and getting up when its light.Having said that I won't be going to bed at 15.47 which is sunset time, so I am half way there.
Nowt much seems to have changed looking out the window, possibly a wee bit more snow?
I need to dig the car out today as I have ebay purchases to post. Car hasn't started or been moved for three days so I hope the battery has enough life in it to get it started? Huh

After that, and walking Kato, its up the garden with the wheebarrow and bring three of four loads of logs down to my 'by-the-door' storage area. I will probably need to assess whether to order more logs or fire the chainsaw up and chop some more myself?

TTFN
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Jay, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
#1,100
Good morning from darkest Cheshire. Our heating has been off a couple of weeks now (not turned it on yet this year but would do now if I could). Still waiting for a plumber. We have a 2kw heater in the living room, not on at the moment, and continental quilts. Chris is drying her hair just now so it might warm up a bit in here. When it is sunny, it warms quite well in as have a big window facing south but doesn't look very likely today. Will likely turn the heater on soon.

Dawn this morning here in Alpraham.

[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Jay, Veggie, Vinny