Freecycle and similar websites
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I've just collected a "dog" with a bone in his mouth and a "Welcome" sign round his neck.Smile He's sitting on the gate post now.
Offloaded 2 lots of plants and received a pot of nasturtiums!
The really nice thing about this Gifting is that I'm meeting new people and having a chat! Usually, I hear their life stories before I leave.Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 7 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Mikey, Scarlet, Small chilli, Vinny

Mikey Offline
What are you like V. Big Grin
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
You should know, Mikey. Tongue
BTW the Dog with a bone in his mouth and a sign around his neck that says "Welcome"..............if you turn the sign around, it says "Go Away" .Smile

Since then, I've been given a pine table and enough animal pen fencing to enclose 3 garden beds.
Where's the What makes me Happy thread?
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mikey, Moth, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I put a request on our local buy & sell group for a mattress topper.
Less than 10 minutes later I’ve got a free mattress topper & compost bin, being collected Wednesday  Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 6 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Jimny14, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Well done, SC.Smile
Recently, I've offloaded a year's supply of gardening magazines and some books to a school gardening club and some mint cuttings and plants to another school where the kids make "tea" from different mints and love the different smells!
I've acquired a tub of fat balls (for birds Wink).
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I've acquired quite a lot of stuff since the last post - a dog crate for a chicken, a 36 bottle wine rack that I thought I could use to store flowerpots (didn't work!), a bag of dog food and today, a Panasonic Lumix camera. Its small enough for a pocket, old (2008), but seems to be working OK. Tomorrow I'll play with it in the garden. Smile
I have given stuff away too - can't remember what apart from some carpet underlay that came from the free site originally anyway!
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, mcdood, Small chilli

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I've been busy decluttering in the last few days - its so satisfying. Smile There seem to be a lot of nursery schools that want to ditch plastic in the classrooms and use items made from natural materials or recycled stuff.
Today I said Goodbye to 4 boxes of kitchen crockery, cutlery, tools, ornaments and bric-a-brac. They were collected by a teacher, her 2 young sons and, best of all, their 13 week old Cavalier puppy who came into the house and explored! Didn't dare let my 3 hooligans out to meet her. The 2 boys took a pile of old coins, stamps and 2 tins of buttons.
Yesterday, another teacher collected wicker baskets and old street maps and atlases.
I've also given away the 12 piece china dinner and tea set that was my Grandmother's - she gave it to me when I got married. Parting with that was difficult but it went to a local charity that are having a tea party to raise money to support parents of babies born too early.
As they say, one person's junk is another one's treasure. Smile

EDIT - Reminded by Spec's thread - I've given away a collection of old phones. Apparently, classrooms have a "talking corner" where they use the phones!!
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, mcdood, Small chilli

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(02-08-2021, 04:48 PM)Veggie Wrote: I've been busy decluttering in the last few days - its so satisfying. Smile There seem to be a lot of nursery schools that want to ditch plastic in the classrooms and use items made from natural materials or recycled stuff.
Today I said Goodbye to 4 boxes of kitchen crockery, cutlery, tools, ornaments and bric-a-brac.  They were collected by a teacher, her 2 young sons and, best of all, their 13 week old Cavalier puppy who came into the house and explored! Didn't dare let my 3 hooligans out to meet her. The 2 boys took a pile of old coins, stamps and 2 tins of buttons.
Yesterday, another teacher collected wicker baskets and old street maps and atlases.
I've also given away the 12 piece china dinner and tea set that was my Grandmother's -  she gave it to me when I got married. Parting with that was difficult but it went to a local charity that are having a tea party to raise money to support parents of babies born too early.
As they say, one person's junk is another one's treasure. Smile

EDIT - Reminded by Spec's thread - I've given away a collection of old phones. Apparently, classrooms have a "talking corner" where they use the phones!!
That’s lovely Veggie, think of all the pleasures your junk will bring to others. Smile
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 3 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Admin, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
A few years ago I bought a refurbished Dyson vacuum cleaner but found it a bit heavy and unwieldy. A month ago, a smaller Dyson was given away on the local Free site, needing a new hose that was less than £10 on Ebay. This little one is just my size so, when another one came up on the freesite I collared it as a spare..............but the turbo motor in the head wasn't working so it didn't pick up well..............so I bought a complete Dyson for £10 on marketplace and swapped the turbo heads - the rest of the Dyson was past its best but useful for spares.
Tonight, I collected 2 more Dysons, one of which needs a new hose, the other seems to work perfectly

At the last count, that's 5 Dysons that have crossed the threshold. I'll soon have one for every room of the house. Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
I'm a bit confused by what you are doing Veggie. From your last 2 comments: "I've been busy decluttering" and "At the last count, that's 5 Dysons that have crossed the threshold. I'll soon have one for every room of the house."
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie