Freecycle and similar websites
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
IN came the week's Sourdough bread collection - 6 loaves of various shapes, sizes and grains. Also some doughnuts, cinnamon buns and a couple of other nameless pastries.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Not much has changed hands this week. Sad
Went to church this morning and there was very little food there. I was told that they're having difficulty getting much from the stores at the moment. I did collect some bread, cakes and a box of Red Rice which is new to me.
OUT has gone some sticky film for a window and there's a bird feeder stand outside the front door awaiting collection.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Not a freebie, but I think definitely a bargain at £15

Picked this up yesterday from the charity shop. I’ve just spent the last couple of hours cleaning it up. I’ve got the bits to restore the actual seat in the pipeline. Handy when you know an upholsterer    Cool that can tell me exactly what I need and how  Smile .

It’s really cool because it swivels, tilts and is high adjustable. 

These pictures are before cleaning

Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 6 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Roitelet, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(25-03-2023, 08:54 PM)Veggie Wrote: Not much has changed hands this week. Sad
Went to church this morning and there was very little food there. I was told that they're having difficulty getting much from the stores at the moment. I did collect some bread, cakes and a box of Red Rice which is new to me.
OUT has gone some sticky film for a window and there's a bird feeder stand outside the front door awaiting collection.
Most people go to Church to prey and sing hyms! Rolleyes Veggie goes to pick up food! Tongue Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
^^^ Vinny, I was very good at church yesterday. I showed a young girl (who was packing cakes in little bags and having trouble tying a knot in the top of the bag) how to swing the bags around to make two "ears" that could be be knotted together easily, I made people laugh and I refused to take an Easter egg so that someone else could have it - that may have been a mistake Smile.
I also contributed some curry sauces from my store cupboard for the greater good.

Today's IN have been the weekly sourdough consignment - 3 small loaves, a ciabatta loaf and 5 mixed pastries. I never know what will be in the bag until I get home! Its like going random bread shopping. Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Yesterday Bob came home with a mixed bag of pork sausages, pork & leek sausages and Chinese pork ribs.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(30-03-2023, 09:24 AM)Small chilli Wrote: Yesterday Bob came home with a mixed bag of pork sausages,  pork & leek sausages and Chinese pork ribs.

With a haul like that you should let him out more often Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Jay, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Went to church this morning.
They had 200 boxes of Aldi Bran Flakes to give away! Apparently there were 600 boxes to start with but they were shared between 3 churches. They're in date until March 2024. Wonder why Aldi were getting rid of them?
Also, bizarrely, a huge box of coloured Icing in tubes. Lots of lovely bread too.
IN came taramasalata, houmous, yogurt, tofu, Gorgonzola, avocados, brussels sprouts, watercress, pea sprouts and baby leaves,,stirfry vegetables and noodles, couscous, Chinese pancakes, Skimmed milk, several loaves and...........a box of Bran Flakes (which I have since given away).
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Jay, JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
My (as yet to arrive) in is a couple of dozen free range eggs from up the road. The lady says she has a new influx of 100 hens and I assume they've all laid eggs so she is offering loads for free.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Jay, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
IN today - an Aero Mint Easter Egg and a jar of homemade Blackberry jam from the lady whose husband plants spuds at Easter (another thread) and an almost full tub of Fat Balls for the bird feeders.
OUT went a stack of magazines to the Easter Egg lady. Fair swap. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli