Freecycle and similar websites
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
A dozen eggs. A bag of frozen peas and a bag of frozen mixed veg
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
IN came - 4 packs of Cheddar cheese, 2 white & 2 granary loaves and a bag full of "use by yesterday" meaty meals for the dogs. Includes 4 packs of cocktail sausages which they love. Not sure how they'll cope with the spaghetti Bolognese - may get messy. Big Grin
OUT went 3 bags of clothes and 3 pairs of shoes, that I've acquired recently but don't want to keep.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Small chilli, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
A late night OLIO collection resulted in Halibut steaks, gammon joint, a dozen Golden Delicious apples, 3 bunches of spring onions, lettuce, spinach, Chinese chicken wontons, spring rolls and prawn toast and 12 packs of Vegan Smoky bacon Jerky (use by 14/11/2023!).
I've just pressure cooked the gammon and trimmed the spring onions. They're in a jug of water to freshen up, then I'll use the tops and plant the bases = instant spring onion bed. Big Grin
Yesterday I picked up the first 18 books in a series by Kathy Reichs. I recently read the 20th in the series and felt I'd missed something so it'll be good to start at the beginning and work through them in order. May take a while..
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Another late night OLIO collection last night! Salmon fillets, pork chops, turkey mince, beef burgers - over £20 worth to buy. Makes the petrol for the 5 mile round trip journey worthwhile;
  • Bren, Broadway, Small chilli

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
And another Late OLIO collection - plums, potatoes, sprouts, bread rolls, hummus, meatballs, coleslaw. A few more days eating and some more veg/fruit towards my 30 a week.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Roitelet, Small chilli

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Went to church this morning and, as usual, I left it until late so that others could have whatever they needed. Unfortunately, I left it too late and there was very little left! Even the organisers told me to come earlier!
Came home with some Singapore noodles, sweet chilli sauce, coleslaw, various dips, lots of bags of salad, spinach, kale and a poppy seeded loaf.
Afterwards, I picked up another unloved orchid and a Mud+bloom children's growing kit (because it had basil seeds and crocus bulbs).
If you're interested to see how little you get for £14.95 look here https://www.mudandbloom.com/purchase-previous-boxes . I had the September box.
  • Bren, JJB, Small chilli

Bren Offline
The church on the next street puts trays out I thought they were unpacking deliveries but "its leftovers from the food bank so please take what you want" it was fresh items mostly bread/salad that wouldn't keep.
I left with a seeded loaf and a pack of olive rolls. Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
IN - a big bag of books, 2 separate collections of dog food, about 20kg in total, and a dashcam.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Late night OLIO collection - 6 punnets of strawberries, 2 packs of chicken fillets, 3 tubs of taramasalata, bunch of beetroot, new potatoes, mini sweetcorn x 2, Feta and spinach pastries x2, roast potatoes in goose fat.
I may be making jam tomorrow. Big Grin
  • Bren, JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
IN Two boxes of organza bags (60 in total) ready for bagging fruit and flowers.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli