Freecycle and similar websites
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I like Random ^^^. Big Grin
I've been to church today. Was a bit late but collected a couple of loaves of bread, several packs of bread rolls, pastries, salad bags, carrot and coriander soup mix. They wanted me to take a fleece blanket for the cold - they had a pile of them, brand new, but I didn't as there are more needy people out there than me.
Then I went to collect one of those "get the snow off your car roof" scrapers that may be useful for the GH roof, and a big bag of assorted sachets of condiments - tomato & HP sauce, mayonnaise, salad cream, vinegar, salt & pepper - the sort of thing you receive with a takeaway (I think as I haven't had one for years). Most of them (over 30) were HP brown sauce!

OUT went 2 roasting tins (no good to me without an oven) and a salt and pepper set shaped like rabbits that was in a random box recently.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
IN came a box of books and more sourdough - two small loaves, and olive ciabatta and 6 assorted, very sticky, pastries.

OUT went - wait for it - a raised toilet seat that was used when my Mum came to stay here. Keep something long enough and someone will need it - this time it was for a Nan awaiting a hip op.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Admin, Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
4 liters of milk.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
IN - a bag of random junk (mostly). All I knew there'd be were 3 bottles of Harpic disinfectant and some mugs. There were 2 cast iron frying pans, 6 mugs, a box of Zylkene tables for dogs (to calm them down before stressful events- like fireworks), a box of lens cleaner wipes, some jewellers' loupes, 5 wooden objects - bowls, candlesticks, a wild food cookery book (that I already have), and a tub of money. Big Grin

OUT went 6 part used rolls of Christmas wrapping paper for a charity gift wrap at a local school and a box of teabags and the Haynes Guide to Pensioners to my brother. Wink.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
IN came a very nice Dendrobium orchid. I think that when orchids stop flowering people lose interest in them and give them away. Their loss, my gain. Big Grin
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
IN came a nice little Canon camera that I've been playing with all evening. Its about 12 years old but seems to do everything I'm capable of - point and press.
OUT went the first pack of calming tablets for dogs. I have takers for 8 packs and I'll keep the last pack just in case my dogs decide they're scared of fireworks .
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
IN came a part bag of dog biscuits and a Dyson vacuum. I've been having withdrawal symptoms as haven't had a "new" Dyson for months.
OUT went a DAB radio alarm and a transistor radio to a man who wants to leave radios on for his dogs over Bonfire Night as he has to work and leave them alone. He also had a couple of packs of Calming tablets.
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Out a bag of kindling. Several more to go.
  • Veggie

Roitelet Offline
Yesterday, IN a load of jam jars that will be an OUT on Monday.
[-] The following 2 users Like Roitelet's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
In 50 slates

They will be windows cill extensions.
  • Veggie