Freecycle and similar websites
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
"I like children too, but I couldn't eat a whole one" Can't remember who said that but I can relate to it. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Just nipped out for my daily Bread. Smile
IN 4 different sourdough breads, 2 fruit loaves and a bag of doughnuts.

A few people on the OLIO site message me to alert me to what they have. Last night, I had first dibs on what was available and this morning, when I went to collect it, I was shown a box of unclaimed bread to help myself to. Big Grin Can't remember the last time I bought bread!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Today I brought home from my change over (god it was filthy!) 1/2 bag of frozen peas. A dozen eggs, a pack of black pudding (4 slices) and a pack of chicken, herb, tomato and mozzarella sausages.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

JJB Online
Moonraker
There's some awfully bad grocery planning by some of the guests, I wouldnt leave any food behind, I'm too tight.Big Grin.  Their loss is your gain though, it sounds like you have earned it.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Another very quick IN and almost straight OUT today.
A bag of clothes! They would have fitted but I cannot imagine when I would wear a long, black pleated, shimmery skirt and a polo neck, long, woolly jumper that was sleeveless!! Don't get the point of that myself!!. The strappy shouldered black and white striped dress isn't me either. In fact, I've only kept 2 things and they may not last long! Fortunately, the next on the list of people who wanted them, is picking them up tonight.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
IN today - an 80 ltr dustbin (new) which has become home to the first batch of coir compost.
Also IN - 8 jars of organic spices - paprika, Chinese 5 spice, Chilli powder, Garam Masala, Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamon pods and "apple pie mix". Also a jar of Stevia powder which I'm expecting to dislike!
The spices came from a company called Steenbergs - new to me. https://steenbergs.co.uk/ Not cheap but some interesting items!

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Today started off normally - IN 3 punnets of mushrooms, a large jar of Flavoured couscous and some very odd "biscuits" made from chick peas and pecan nuts (not very nice). 
Then IN came a 1600w Garden shredder in need of a little TLC
OUT went a bag of unwanted toiletries that were INs a week or so ago. 

Then came the unexpected IN - most of the contents of a GOUSTO meal box, delivered 2 hours ago. Assuming that a few items have been kept for use, I've ended up with:-
2 packs of bacon
2 packs of sausages (4 in each)
2 of all the following - Salad packs, sugarsnap peas, calabrese, leeks, lemon grass, spring onions, chillies!!!, Basmati rice, Farfalle, another pasta I can't remember, Panko breadcrumbs (whatever they are), blanched almonds, pumpkin seeds, mint, 4 shallots and an inch of ginger.
2 sachets of Dijon mustard, Mustard ketchup, Rice/cider/white wine vinegar, tamarind, soy sauce, honey, creamed coconut, vegetable and chicken stock mixes and ground turmeric.

As far as I can see, all the dry goods and sachets are good until 2023. I'll put the lemon grass, mint and the ends of the spring onions (still rooted) and leeks to grow. The bacon & sausages are in the freezer so I just have to use all the fresh veg up first...........and 3 boxes of mushrooms. Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

JJB Online
Moonraker
^^^ did you get the recipes with the gusto kit? They might make a cook out of you yet Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Nope, no recipes! I'll just have to wing it as usual. Big Grin
I did look at their website but couldn't find any recipes that matched. There may be some important ?protein items missing which would have given me a clue. The girl who gave it away said that it had just arrived but she didn't have room in her fridge for it - and there were some items she wouldn't eat anyway.
I've no idea how Gousto works but there's a lot of packaging involved. They say "Recycle with bags at large supermarket. Don't recycle at home". If I was going to a supermarket to recycle the stuff I might as well take the time to buy the food to start with.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Haven't been out for a couple of days as its been so hot but today, I braved the heat for these:-

Sourdough breads - small white, fruit loaf, rye fruit loaf, large ciabatta, small sourdough;
4 CD/DVD holders stuffed full of, would you believe, CDs and DVDs. Most will be regifted but I'll keep some of the folders for my seed collection.
4 silicone covers to seal open tins,
A box of Green tea bags;
A Huawei GPS SmartWatch that does all sorts of things that I'll probably never use - especially the training programmes. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07H..._qh_dp_hza