Freecycle and similar websites
doublyjonah Offline
#1,021
Had to rent a car to collect it, but got a garden seating set for free from a FB gardening group. Also turned out to have a small wooden garden coffee table. We'll use the car for a quick day trip tomorrow to start Easter break, so all in all pleased.
[-] The following 3 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,022
A mixed collection today - a 5kg tub of Koi food, a carrier bag of crisps and 2 lots of mayonnaise. Must remember not to eat the fish food though I'm sure it would be tasty dipped in mayo!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,023
Collected a dustbin/wormery today. Weighed a ton as it was almost full of compost and worms! Apparently it was started 13 years ago so there should be some decent compost at the bottom. Looks like I'll be sieving compost again soon. Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,024
Got this beautiful piece today.

It doesn’t work……luckily. Because if it did work I couldn’t do what I intended to do with it. It’s going to get turned into a unit for our bathroom sink to sit on. I’m still going to find it difficult to mess about with something with so much history. But it’s going to be loved and look great with (hopefully) when it’s done and has our Moroccan sink on it.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,025
Very nice, SC. Seems to date from around 1929. https://www.radiomuseum.org/dsp_herstell...y_id=20628
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli