Experiment
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
The cottages I clean on a Saturday has a vase of fresh flowers every week. I’ve just brought home the old flowers 
Stocks, sweet William ( I think ) , roses and a yellow feathery thing ( no idea). I was going to try to take cuttings. What’s the chances?

It’s only the roses that are looking really sorry for them selves.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, PyreneesPlot, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Look for little side shoots - I sometimes buy cheap pinks just for those. Might work with the Sweet Williams.
Cut off the rose flowers and poke the stems into a pot of compost - done that too.Wink

You may be lucky - try to get them to provide easy to propagate flowers in future. Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Moth, Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
It was the roses I wanted to try more than anything. I’ve already got sweet William, voles & slugs like stocks to much . But obviously as they’re here I’ll give them a try.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Great minds.

I've often looked at bought cut flowers and wondered the same. The ones that interest me are mainly the chrysanths and the carnations/pinks in the bunches I buy. Anyone who has had any joy propagating from cut flowers, I would be grateful for your input. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I rarely buy cut flowers, only yellow stickered ones and I'm selective with those. I usually have to explain to someone, why I'm buying a bunch of flowers with dead heads, and they look at me strangely when I say that I want to grow them!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, Small chilli

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
In a similar vein, I had some lily bulbs bought me and when planting them out, there was quite a meaty looking scale off one of the bulbs. I left it in the bag it came in with the moist compost. A small bulbil soon developed and other bits thickened up. When 2 leaves got to be about an inch long, I potted it up. I've just repotted it as the roots were at the bottom of the pot. There seems to be about 6 separate bulbs developing now.

[-] The following 4 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie