Self-seeders
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I have another cunning plan, loosely connected to the self-seeding plants in this thread.
My plan is to have big clumps of plants (preferably edible) that will either self seed or be perennial. I'd like them all to join up so that there is very little bare ground between them.
Here's my list, so far:-
(Leaves) Rocket, Landcress, Chard, Spinach, Spinach beet, Lettuce, Parsley, Radish, Beetroot, Turnip, Kale, Tree Spinach, Chinese leaves, Mustard
(Shoots) Chives, spring onions, Elephant garlic, Perennial leeks, multiplier onions, onions left to bolt
(Roots) Not many - radish, Oca, Chinese Artichokes (not JAs), Salsify, Scorzonera, carrots
(Fruits) Strawberry, soft fruit bushes, Rhubarb, apples, pears, plums.
(Herbs) Mint, Lemon Balm, Oregano, Marjoram, Sage, Thyme, Rosemary, Lovage, Angelica
(Flowers with uses) Calendula, Nasturtium, Day Lily, Comfrey, Soapwort.
Possibles - Amaranth, Quinoa.

I should be able to pick something leafy, herby and oniony all year round without a lot of effort Wink

If I supplement this list with non-hardy annual veggies - tomatoes, cucumbers, courgettes, peas. beans and "buy" potatoes and, maybe carrots (both of which I struggle with) I'd be very happy.

Can you think of any other edible plants that would earn their keep?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Only thing I can think of is asparagus. But as it’s picked young, you might miss it in your forest of other goodies.

What do you use soapwort for veggie? I think I was missing for that days lesson  Blush .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Soapwort's for making soap. Big Grin https://wildseed.co.uk/species/view/291
A couple of years ago I had this crazy idea of growing loofahs and soapwort to make my own washing stuff. The loofah plants died and I didn't find any soapwort seeds in time..................but I have some now. Big Grin I've been warned its invasive. Maybe it'll kick out the montbretia and periwinkle.Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Get some sorrel....that will cover loads of ground. I don't like it much cooked - fine for small leaves in a salad but it really takes over.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'd forgotten sorrel! I have some of the red leaved one that is popping up everywhere I don't want it. .
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet

SarrissUK Offline
Oh gosh, I had red sorrel everywhere in the old garden. I don't miss that one bit. I've not seen any that's come with me in the pots either, thankfully!!
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • JJB, Veggie