Fertilisers and feed
Spec Offline
^^^^ that should be sufficient for the hedge as the cut grass should provide any feeding that it might require
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm coming back to this....who makes nettle or comfrey tea?

What's your recipes?

I always feed my roses. I fed the dahlias last year with tomato feed....I didn't buy it, it was given to me. It made a huge difference.

I've always used my worm juice to feed my flowers but my worm bin has bitten the dust.

I want to get some teas started, ive a few lidded bins and I was wondering if I could just add some to my water butts?? Bad idea due to the smell?

I usually use blood fish and bone prior to planting, but I haven't got any at the moment and wanted to save some pennies.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

SarrissUK Offline
I make nettle tea, and I used to make comfrey tea, but I don't have any comfrey now. Brilliant stuff, that is Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • Scarlet

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I make both comfrey and weed tea but rather haphazardly, i.e. bung the stuff in a bucket with a bit of water the ladle it out to dilute it if I remember to use it. Weed tea is the result of being lazy. The handfuls of weeds from random weeding get drowned in a covered tub because I can't be bothered to take them to the green bin. Question: is last years 'tea' still usable? It smells vile enough!
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Scarlet