Avocado
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Started another Avo-incubator today. There are a couple of splitting avos in the first one but no shoots yet. Two plants growing in pots in GH4.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Are they the ones you put in tubs in July veggie?
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I have two plants which I want to bring inddors for the winter, one is my avocado grown from a stone and second is my 20p banana plant I got from Morries,which has grown quite a bit throughout the summer! Cool

My idea is that I only ever open one half of my french doors, so why not utilise the other half? With ths in miind I designed a thrree tieir shoe rack with the top being a plant stand. The French doors are South facing so should give adequate light for the winter.
I measured up, made a drawing, made a cuttig list and worked out roughly how much it would cost for materials and how long to make it? Huh

Then I went on Ebay and found a shoe rack of a similar size, maybe not quite the quality of my own work, but adequate,for under a tenner!!!! Big Grin It was a no brainer so I ordered it there and then and crumpled up my drawing! Rolleyes

Once it arrives, in 'piece part' I imagine? and I have set it up I will make a decision whether my plan will work or not, but if I am not happy with it I have an alternative place for it as a stand alone shoe rack and the plants will stand on the wide inner sill! of the French doors. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(11-10-2023, 12:20 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Are they the ones you put in tubs in July veggie?
Possibly but I've been adding more pits to the box ever since so I don't really know!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli, Vinny