Temperature data logger
JJB Offline
Moonraker
This thing cost about £22 and records the temperature in my gh at intervals of my choice  (10minutes) throughout the night then creates a pdf of the list of temperatures and a graph.  See pics.  It satisfies the scientist in P.  I'm not sure whether the pdf will transfer to the post, if not I'll take a jpeg. Please let me know.

.pdf   Pdf.pdf (Size: 54.78 KB / Downloads: 41)
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 6 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Mark_Riga, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Pdf did transfer OK.
Very impressive and pleased that P is satisfied. Does it wake him up every 10 minutes to tell him? Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

JJB Offline
Moonraker
It better not, as I'm next to him. But he's a happy bunny with data to crunch. Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet, Veggie

Bren Offline
JJB I always wondered how they worked and what the read out looked like. thanks Smile

Mines a basic it displays the max - min until I press the reset button.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
It is very satisfying. Although I dread to imagine how low a number I'd see for my GH in recent weeks. Will it plot a graph of the low or high over a longer period? Just imagine all the data...
[-] The following 2 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
As we've only had it a day, I can't attest for sure how long the recording process is limited to, but I believe It keeps recording until it is physically reset and a pdf record is requested. It's not like a min/max as there's no display, more like a continuous recorder but does note min and max in the summary on the print out.

I have a couple of digital min max's too........am I getting a trifle obsessed, do you think? Smile
I deny all responsibility for the data logger, wasn't my idea, but it is interesting to see when the cold spots occurred and for how long. A passing comment from me, after I'd seen a temp graph on a weather watching site, as to what equipment was needed to gather the info, prompted P to research temperature loggers. He was surprised at how cheap they were and went for it.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Veggie