Lincolnshire lockdown larks
Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
For some reason, I didn't get any good pictures of the vegetable patch in full growth. It was a bit patchy, due to varying amounts of rubble under the compost! In the areas I had excavated properly, my potatoes and turnips did really well. However, most other things were growing in areas where I hadn't prepared the ground properly and so I only got tiny harvests of things like beetroot, sugar snap peas, and kale. A helpful lesson for me when I've bought my house - if the ground looks rocky/rubbly, I'm probably going to want to dig and clear once, before switching to a no-dig approach.

Here is the vegetable patch put back to rights at the end of my tenancy:

Here are the houseplants I have accumulated at my new accommodation over the last month:

Most of them are from Tesco's £2.50 foliage selection, but the heather and Ficus I picked up at Lidl in Grimsby and brought down on the train.

And some basil and fava bean shoots (like pea shoots but much more vigorous - mine look a bit sad because I've recently harvested, but I highly recommend people give them a try):

My window is essentially North facing and over a radiator, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to keep going. However, I'm going to give it a go and have various salad seeds that I will try sowing over the next couple of months. I also have two sprouting jars and am going to try sprouting various things (in small quantities, since everything is getting kept at room temperature).
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 3 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Have you actually moved out/in now?
Its amazing how much you can grow on a windowsill and you can see grass outside, rather than brickwalls like some residences. I used to grow sprouts in a tiered sprouter so you can grow 4 different things at once or one thing at 4 different stages of growth.
I know you'll make the best of whatever you have. Good luck in your new "home". Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man