What Won't You Have in the Garden?
PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
For me personally, a well manicured lawn is the antithesis of a perfect garden and has no place in my weedy patch. A good thing too as my garden is just a pasture with dug bits Big Grin Big Grin

What wouldn't you give space to?
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 7 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, Eyren, Greenfingers, Mark_Riga, Proserpina, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Like you, PP, a stripy lawn is not for me!. The closest I have is a tussocky, bumpy patch of grass that is strewn with snowdrops, crocus, daffs and bluebells in spring. Can't mow them for a few months and then its autumn and not much point mowing it.Smile

I'm not a fan of straight lines - be it paths, beds or planting in rows.

Topiary!! Bushes clipped into artificial shapes - can be amusing but not in my garden.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Greenfingers, Proserpina, Small chilli, Vinny

Admin Offline
The Boss
I don't mind a lawn but needs to be irregular in shape...my pet hate, ponds and conifers
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 3 users Like Admin's post:
  • Broadway, Greenfingers, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Feverfew! Hate it. Anything that needs to much pampering. Anything that’s to much of a thug ( generally doesn’t find out till it’s to late ). Children  Big Grin
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Broadway, Greenfingers, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
i agree with children Big Grin I just don't understand them, and as for the French ones ... I weirdly quite like straight lines and topiary, despite having a basically wild garden, but wouldn't be without my pond. Sitting watching the wildlife has been vital for my sometimes wobbly mental health during the pandemic!

[-] The following 5 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Greenfingers, Mark_Riga, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
The stuff I wouldn't have is already there: couch grass and horsetail in the garden and duck weed and blanket weed in the pond.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Eyren, Greenfingers, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Oh dear I fear I'm I'm a minority here (I blame P) I have a stripey lawn, a pond and some conifers (inherited with the house). I agree with no children, been there done that and the climbing frame is likely to become a tromba support. I wouldn't have a swimming pool, or a hot tub, but then again no one has ever offered me one. Lots of weeds I wouldn't have if I had the choice.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Greenfingers, PyreneesPlot, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
JJB, you've always been "different". Maybe you'll grow out of it when you're a big girl. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
I would have a swimming pool - but it would be a natural one, so actually a big giant pond!!

[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Greenfingers Offline
No striped lawn or conifers for me either. I abhor straight lines too, although my husband loves them. As I do most of the gardenning very little is neat. I hide when he appears with a measuring tape and spirit level.
No children generally, although exceptions can be made on odd occasions such as picking their own pumpkins for Halloween or to help themselves to fruit. (I must be getting soft in my old age).
[-] The following 2 users Like Greenfingers's post:
  • PyreneesPlot, Veggie