What Won't You Have in the Garden?
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(11-04-2021, 07:24 PM)Scarlet Wrote: Big Grin VC you know me so well! Been googling chess pieces. If only I could do it!
You can buy the "pieces" frameworks to shape them - maybe you could knock something similar up with wire coathangers and your jewellery making skills. Smile https://www.megachess.com/collections/in...ess-pieces
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
OMG!! You are a superstar!!!!
I am sure I could make those!
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(11-04-2021, 09:01 PM)Mamzie Wrote: Japanese knotweed and Rhubarb is big no-no here...

You all may not like our garden. Its a shared space for our family. We normally have primary kids galore followed but 16-18s in evenings. The social garden has  a 4 person swingframe, 12' trampoline,  summertime 12' swimming pool, 16' fish pond, hot tub  and rectangle patio.  But I love my old drystone walls, hazels, adding native hedging and mini orchard area with strawberries underneath. 

We had to remove diseased dead cherry, a large hawthorn lost in winds  and a huge wobbly conifer, but are left with ancient elderberry, ancient apple, sycamore, ash and a large privet run that we topped off.  I don't really like the privet but the Blackbirds have quite a few nests in there.
I had a trampoline for 15or so years here - not long got rid of it. Several chicken sheds, tree swings galore, a few are still available Big Grin mini skate park, bouncy castle parties, a full size pool table, javelin, air gun shooting range, archery....now only allowed to shoot one way after a very near accident one Xmas with a dog walker ( niece wasn't such a good shot) plenty of tents with teen BBQs, a neighbours wedding with 200 guests a cooking tent, wooden dance floor and horse box toilets Big Grin gardens are spaces for all to enjoy.  They evolve as the kids grow. I really miss cooking breakfast for half a dozen or more kids.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Mamzie, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I have a trampoline frame - does that count?
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Mamzie, Scarlet, Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I did think of keeping the frame knowing you had one Big Grin but mine was very rusted and wasn't going to last for long!
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Mamzie, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Mine is still wrapped around the oak tree, as a garden seat. I'm often tempted to collect another one from Freecycle - still like the thought of turning one into a keyhole garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Small chilli

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
Gnomes. Sorry to those who love them, but I won't have anything "twee" in my garden.

I'm not entirely happy that the brackets that came with my first two hanging baskets have bird silhouettes on them, but they were free, so whatever. But definitely no 3D animals/birds/fairy castles, etc!

One of these days I'll find a water feature for the patio that doesn't a) make me wince and b) cost the earth!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot