Dahlias 2021
Spec Offline
Actually the gardener told me that when they lift them people can come and take them away, but as its over thirty miles away, I have seen some Happy Days seeds, but was hoping that I could get some sold as cherry red, evedently not available but might try the mix and select the most appropriate tubers for the future, the beds I was looking at today, must have about 400 plants in them and all the same, so wonder if they are produced by micro culture rather than tubers
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(22-07-2021, 07:00 PM)Spec Wrote: Actually the gardener told me that when they lift them people can come and take them away, but as its over thirty miles away, I have seen  some Happy Days seeds, but was hoping that I could get some sold as cherry red, evedently not available but might try the mix and select the most appropriate tubers for the future, the beds I was looking at today, must have about 400 plants in them and all the same, so wonder if they are produced by micro culture rather than tubers
You can take many cuttings from a tuber - I tried this year to see how successful I was with my heat mat. Easily taking a dozen cuttings at a time. If I cut back a sprout on a tuber it would send out 4 more. 
check out the national dahlia society on face ache.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Spec, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller

I've more photos to share Smile my "flower" plot is looking fab! I'm super chuffed with it!
[-] The following 6 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, doublyjonah, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie

Jimny14 Offline

My solitary dahlia, no idea what it's called. 

[-] The following 5 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Me neither but it's very pretty.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Jimny14

Spec Offline
My bedding dahlias have been very good this year I will post a photo of them tomorrow
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Scarlet, Small chilli

Spec Offline
  •             Here are some photos of my dahlias, 2 beds not very big but both have provided lots if colour and flowers for cutting, now that its getting colder I am going to leave some seed heads on for harvesting
    M

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 4 users Like Spec's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Scarlet, Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Looking fabulous Spec - love the cerise pink in there
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Spec

Spec Offline
(03-09-2021, 03:31 PM)Scarlet Wrote: Looking fabulous Spec - love the cerise pink in there
Thank you Scarlet, it was a lot of planning to get the colour scheme the way it isRolleyes

Whit colour is cerise pinkConfused
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Scarlet

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(01-09-2021, 08:30 PM)Scarlet Wrote: I've more photos to share Smile my "flower" plot is looking fab! I'm super chuffed with it!

(03-09-2021, 02:33 PM)Spec Wrote:
  • Here are some photos of my dahlias, 2 beds not very big but both have provided lots if colour and flowers for cutting, now that its getting colder I am going to leave some seed heads on for harvesting
    M
  • Just glorious - well done both of you!
  • Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France