2021 - 52 weeks of doing something different
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Rest easy, JJB - its not that! I'm saving trees.Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
My list to date -
Week 1 Join Instagram - going well
Week 2 Eccles Cakes - will do these again
Week 3 Grow lemon tree from a pip - no sign of life!
Week 4 Make a Baguette - needs work
Week 5 Cinnamon buns - needs work
Week 6Spanish  still doing this a few tmes a week
Week 7 Make a dandelion salad - Umm.
Week 8 ?
Week 9 Smoke a fish Yummy - MrPP has now bought a smoker!
Week 10 ikea cabinets - Haven't collapsed yet
Week 11 kimchi - Rotted and binned Sad
Week 12 Went to the Dr alone
Week 13 Sowed home-saved cayennes - Can't wait to see what the fruit is like
Week 14 Up on the roof - Never again
Week 15 Made a genoise sponge for the first time - needs work
Week 16 Growing ginger  - not dead, or shooting, yet
Week 17 learning new phone - still works and survived when MrPP dropped it

And my Week 18 challenge is to not use social media at all from 3pm today (Friday) until midnight on Monday as part of the four day protest against racism and other online abuse. I use Facebook, twitter and now also Instagram regularly, so this will be a good challenge for me and for good reasons.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Good idea, PP. I'll join you in the Social media Boycott. Just logged out of FB and won't go back until Tuesday.
Don't really "do" Twit or Insta anyway.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • PyreneesPlot

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(30-04-2021, 02:55 PM)Veggie Wrote: Rest easy, JJB - its not that! I'm saving trees.Wink

That's a relief. 
Already doing that sort of, one less sheet, might save me pennies and maybe a tree eventually.  Along with all the paper recycling,  I've started dismantling padded envelopes,  peeling off the paper from the bubble plastic.  Might not do much good but it makes me feel virtuous.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
This week something new. I found my first shed antler in the field. Was only a little one off a young stag. But I was very happy to find one.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Week 18 - Boycotted Social media for the weekend - didn't miss it.

Week 19 - are you sitting comfortably? I've stopped using toilet paper for No.1s and am using washable wipes made from an old facecloth cut into quarters. Each quarter is about the size of a sheet of toilet paper. After use, I wash it out whilst washing my hands and hang it in the shower cubicle to dry, until the next time. When the washing machine is on, they're chucked in with the load.
The added bonus is that I don't have to flush every time (if its yellow, let it mellow!) so am saving water too.
Its actually a lot nicer using something damp but solid than a piece of paper that is not solid when damp!!

Hope I haven't put you off your dinner. Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Moth, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Well done Veggie. Not going to follow your dishcloth example but do conserve water by not flushing unless its solid. We're on a meter don't you know! Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Today I cleaned my kitchen and bathroom. That’s not my something new! I’ve done that before. Quite regularly! But it’s the first time I’ve cleaned them completely chemical free. I’m now the proud owner of a steam cleaner. It’s brilliant and does a really good job.

The owner of the 2 cottages I clean on a Saturday, brought one when COVID restrictions were lifted the first time round. I was really impressed with how well it does. The place I clean on a Friday doesn’t have one. They have a hideous little thing with a half liter dispenser that squirts detergent/water halfheartedly onto the floor . They may well think COVID is over now things are opening up again or more likely just bored with it! But I much rather help than hinder the recovery process.  So I brought myself a bargain from eBay . £60 off new price included delivery and it’s done less than an hour’s work  Smile . 

My house has now reduced it’s chemical usage even more and my Friday change over won’t take as long. It all good   Cool .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
My something new is reading an old book that I haven't read for years.
"Three men in a Boat" by Jerome K Jerome. (who would give their son such a repetitive name?).
I have fond memories of this book from my days in Junior school (not sure how old I was but less than 11). My Class teacher, Mr Amos, used to read us chapters from the book and I was enthralled by it. Still remember the struggle to open a tin of pineapple chunks without a tin opener!
I've read the book once since schooldays but, its time for a re-read.
Despite being written over 120 years ago, its still as relevant now as it must have been then. Great fun and a chapter at bedtime sends me to sleep with a smile on my lips
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(11-05-2021, 06:57 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Today I cleaned my kitchen and bathroom. That’s not my something new! I’ve done that before. Quite regularly! But it’s the first time I’ve cleaned them completely chemical free. I’m now the proud owner of a steam cleaner. It’s brilliant and does a really good job.

The owner of the 2 cottages I clean on a Saturday, brought one when COVID restrictions were lifted the first time round. I was really impressed with how well it does. The place I clean on a Friday doesn’t have one. They have a hideous little thing with a half liter dispenser that squirts detergent/water halfheartedly onto the floor . They may well think COVID is over now things are opening up again or more likely just bored with it! But I much rather help than hinder the recovery process.  So I brought myself a bargain from eBay . £60 off new price included delivery and it’s done less than an hour’s work  Smile . 

My house has now reduced it’s chemical usage even more and my Friday change over won’t take as long. It all good   Cool .

I use a small handheld steam cleaner to clean the greenhouse glass and frame.  It did a grand job of getting in the crevices one year when I had a tomato mould issue
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie