Jalapeño peppers
Roitelet Offline
I’ll give mine another tasting and report back. Some of them are changing colour!
[-] The following 2 users Like Roitelet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Roitelet Offline
Well tried another one and the same thing, no heat. I will just have to use them as ordinary peppers and try a different variety next year.
[-] The following 2 users Like Roitelet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Roitelet Offline
Quick update, today I picked some Jalapeños from the plant that has been grown outside and guess what, they had a hint of heat. Obviously it’s the growing conditions that is affecting the heat. The outside one hasn’t had quite as much water as the ones in the tunnel. Only watered if we haven’t had 10mm of rain in 7 days.
[-] The following 5 users Like Roitelet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Maybe just leave them a bit longer. Mine are outside and are turning red and are hot enough, but then again I'm a bit nesh.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Can the Man

MartinH Offline
My Jalapenos have grown reasonable plants this year, but a lot of the fruits have this tracery of cracks on them. What's caused it, anyone?

I'm guessing irregular watering because the pots are a bit small, but it would be good to know.

Thanks!
[-] The following 2 users Like MartinH's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

toomanytommytoes Offline
That's pretty normal for jalapenos, it's called corking. Look for pictures of Farmers Market Jalapeno for extreme corking.
[-] The following 3 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Can the Man, MartinH, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
They’re looking good Martin. Like TMTT says corking perfectly normal. Farmers market are great. I must grow them again.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, MartinH