Garden And Gossip Forums
Veggie's random garden - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: My Garden Diary (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+--- Forum: Dear Diary (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=63)
+--- Thread: Veggie's random garden (/showthread.php?tid=973)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Veggie's random garden - JJB - 04-05-2022

(04-05-2022, 07:04 PM)Veggie Wrote: Ents?? Like Tenents?? Big Grin
The Green man I bought years ago from a woodcarver; the second one has a brother somewhere - they were a gift from Korean neighbours - traditional gods of the house or something and the face on the tree stump was homemade and is pulling a face at my neighbours.Smile

Ents, as in Lord of the Rings, tree shaped beings. I don't need a tree to help me pull faces at my neighbours, I'm self sufficient in face pulling  Wink

We ought to have a thread of pictures of garden residents. We've met Colin and my Norman there must be others as daft as us.

RE: Veggie's random garden - Veggie - 04-05-2022

(04-05-2022, 07:54 PM)JJB Wrote:
(04-05-2022, 07:04 PM)Veggie Wrote: Ents?? Like Tenents?? Big Grin
The Green man I bought years ago from a woodcarver; the second one has a brother somewhere - they were a gift from Korean neighbours - traditional gods of the house or something and the face on the tree stump was homemade and is pulling a face at my neighbours.Smile

Ents, as in Lord of the Rings, tree shaped beings. I don't need a tree to help me pull faces at my neighbours, I'm self sufficient in face pulling  Wink
Never read it - its too heavy. If it fell on my nose in bed, it would break it.

TBH, I've not managed to read it end to end either Big Grin

RE: Veggie's random garden - PyreneesPlot - 05-05-2022

For those who've not read it but are LotR curious,  I would recommend the BBC Radio dramatisation from the 80s. Pretty true to the essence of the book, great cast and perfect as a background to those methodical jobs on the potting bench!

RE: Veggie's random garden - Scarlet - 05-05-2022

(05-05-2022, 07:28 AM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: For those who've not read it but are LotR curious,  I would recommend the BBC Radio dramatisation from the 80s. Pretty true to the essence of the book, great cast and perfect as a background to those methodical jobs on the potting bench!
I'm gonna listen to that! Thank you.

RE: Veggie's random garden - Small chilli - 05-05-2022

(04-05-2022, 06:47 PM)JJB Wrote:
(04-05-2022, 05:24 PM)Veggie Wrote: These are some of the Tree people who live in the garden - they say Hello!

Superb.  Hello tree people ( are they Ents?) Nice to meet you.  Did you carve them V?
I was going to ask if they were ents  Big Grin

RE: Veggie's random garden - Veggie - 14-06-2022

[attachment=4905][attachment=4906][attachment=4907]

More photos of disappearing paths! The middle path, (Apple Avenue) under the apple trees has almost disappeared.

RE: Veggie's random garden - Vinny - 15-06-2022

(14-06-2022, 11:08 PM)Veggie Wrote: More photos of disappearing paths! The middle path, (Apple Avenue) under the apple trees has almost disappeared.
Nice looking woodland glade. Very calming I would imagine? Cool

RE: Veggie's random garden - Veggie - 15-06-2022

Calming until a bramble/nettle/sticky willie leaps out and grabs you. Big Grin

Its a "Slow garden" - you can't walk round it fast or ever feel that you've tamed it. It doesn't matter how much weeding you do, turn a corner and there's more. Equally, turn a corner and there's a flower that you haven't spotted before or some fruit ready to pick and eat.
It would drive most people potty - that's why I like it. Big Grin