Garden And Gossip Forums
An Alphabet of Kales (almost). - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: From seed to plant (edibles) (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Everything Brassicas (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Thread: An Alphabet of Kales (almost). (/showthread.php?tid=792)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: An Alphabet of Kales (almost). - Veggie - 16-11-2022

I could say the same about leeks or onions but I won't. Tongue

RE: An Alphabet of Kales (almost). - JJB - 17-11-2022

I only grow a dwarf one Blue Scotch Curled. That way my mesh will reach over it against the butterflies.

RE: An Alphabet of Kales (almost). - Vinny - 17-11-2022

(16-11-2022, 01:17 PM)Veggie Wrote: I could say the same about leeks or onions but I won't. Tongue
I know variety is the spice of life and I am all for experimenting with certain veg to see what is to my taste, is easy to grow and is productive.Once I have ascertained this though I tend to stick to a couple of varieties with maybe an extra experimental one each season.

Each to their own though and sorry If I come across as a boring old fart (which I probably am) Big Grin

RE: An Alphabet of Kales (almost). - Veggie - 17-11-2022

I agree with you, Vinny,

...........you're a boring old fart. Tongue

RE: An Alphabet of Kales (almost). - Small chilli - 17-11-2022

I’m also in agreement that lot of things do taste the same no matter what variety. But you can make a very nice edible bouquet with lots of kale varieties  Big Grin .

[attachment=5628]

RE: An Alphabet of Kales (almost). - Vinny - 17-11-2022

(17-11-2022, 12:48 PM)Veggie Wrote: I agree with you, Vinny,

...........you're a boring old fart. Tongue
Luckily a fairly thick skinned boring old fart! Tongue

RE: An Alphabet of Kales (almost). - Veggie - 17-11-2022

I didn't want to disagree with you Vinny. It was one of those occasions when I would have been wrong whatever I said. Big Grin

RE: An Alphabet of Kales (almost). - Veggie - 15-02-2023

I sowed some kales and perennial brassicas today.
Nine Star perennial Broccoli
Thousand head kale
Shetland Kale
Asturian tree Cabbage
Daubenton perennial kale
True Siberian kale.
Most of these are past their sow by date so they've been sown quite thickly in modules - now resting in GH4.
There are roots emerging from the pot of Taunton Deane perennial kale cuttings I acquired a few weeks ago - that makes me very happy. Big Grin.

RE: An Alphabet of Kales (almost). - Vinny - 16-02-2023

(15-02-2023, 09:09 PM)Veggie Wrote: I sowed some kales and perennial brassicas today.
Nine Star perennial Broccoli
Thousand head kale
Shetland Kale
Asturian tree Cabbage
Daubenton perennial kale
True Siberian kale.
Most of these are past their sow by date so they've been sown quite thickly in modules - now resting in GH4.
There are roots emerging from the pot of Taunton Deane perennial kale cuttings I acquired a few weeks ago - that makes me very happy. Big Grin.
The Asturian tree cabbage I am growing isn't quite as hardy as I expected it to be and hasn't lived up to expectations? I hope to harvest it for a while longer once it puts on a bit more growth before eventually bolting. It will be interesting to see if once bolted the new shoots are tasty. Smile

RE: An Alphabet of Kales (almost). - JJB - 16-02-2023

That reminds me I'd better get some kale seeds sown. I've reverted to a dwarf crinkly one, dwf blue, I think, it goes under the mesh well and I only want say 6 plants, no use sowing masses of them. Another little job to do. Smile