Garden And Gossip Forums
Growing Asparagus - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Plots, pots and gardens (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Forum: Growing at home (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: Growing Asparagus (/showthread.php?tid=762)

Growing Asparagus - Spec - 03-01-2021

I have a large garden tub which would hold around 70lts of compost, so could anyone tell me if this would be large enough for growing asparagus and if so what growing medium would you recommend for this

RE: Growing Asparagus - Small chilli - 03-01-2021

I grow mine in a big tub. About the same size. I use a mix of home made compost, manure and brought compost. I grow mine in the tunnel.

RE: Growing Asparagus - Spec - 03-01-2021

Thanks Sc if you grow yours in a tub that size and it works, thats fine, evedently as I don't have a tunnel mine will be outside

RE: Growing Asparagus - Spec - 04-01-2021

Should have asked Sc, how many crowns do you have in your tub? Smile

RE: Growing Asparagus - Broadway - 04-01-2021

Hello Spec

Depending on how long you are willing to wait to harvest I have some spare seeds you are welcome to.

I had good germination last year.

RE: Growing Asparagus - Small chilli - 04-01-2021

(04-01-2021, 12:18 AM)Spec Wrote: Should have asked Sc, how many crowns do you have in your tub? Smile
I’ve 2 crowns in my tub. But that’s only because I didn’t think one was going to survive. It was much smaller & unhealthy looking. Now they’re still in the same tub because they will be getting moved (along with everything else) at some point.

(04-01-2021, 01:28 PM)Broadway Wrote: Hello Spec

Depending on how long you are willing to wait to harvest I have some spare seeds you are welcome to.

Thank you for the kind offer Danny, but sadly must turn the offer down, much as it hurts, I might not have the time to wait for a harvest from seed sowing (rolleyes) Smile

(04-01-2021, 03:45 PM)Spec Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 01:28 PM)Broadway Wrote: Hello Spec

Thank you for the kind offer Danny, but sadly must turn the offer down, much as it hurts, I might not have the time to wait for a harvest from seed sowing (rolleyes) Smile
I thought the same Spec but decided "he who dares" SmileSmile

[/quote]Thank you for the kind offer Danny, but sadly must turn the offer down, much as it hurts, I might not have the time to wait for a harvest from seed sowing (rolleyes) Smile
[/quote]
I thought the same Spec but decided "he who dares" SmileSmile
[/quote]
Oh that hurt "Could someone please take that knife out of my back" Big Grin Big GrinBig Grin

It was actually directed at me rather than youSmile