Garden And Gossip Forums
No 3 - I Spy Wildlife in the garden - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Nutty as a fruit cake (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: No 3 - I Spy Wildlife in the garden (/showthread.php?tid=617)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: No 3 - I Spy Wildlife in the garden - Bren - 16-11-2020

I spy rats Sad they were running across the top of the wall between us and next door.

RE: No 3 - I Spy Wildlife in the garden - JJB - 16-11-2020

Everyone will spy this one......Robin, he's trying to build up the courage to brave the gang of sparrow thugs that descend on any bird that alights on 'their' bird table. We used to have such a huge variety of birds but the sparrows have taken over. To think, we were so pleased, a few years ago, to see just one sparrow, thinking they were dwindling in numbers. Now they have taken over the garden and bullied all the other birds away.

Rodents - we have a few burrowing rats about the place
Rooks

RE: No 3 - I Spy Wildlife in the garden - Veggie - 16-11-2020

I SPY lots of Rs, Robins, Rats, Red Admirals, Rooks, Raptors and Rabbits. Smile

RE: No 3 - I Spy Wildlife in the garden - PyreneesPlot - 16-11-2020

Out of touch -

On the O day I saw odonata too, and would love to see more oriels - summer visitors oft heard, rarely seen
On the P day I saw a flock of pigeons, fortunately in the forest opposite.
On the Q day I saw quite a few Queen hornets (European and Asian) I'm happy to have wasps and hornets in the garden as they are munchers of cabbage white butterfly caterpillars.
Today I spied Red admirals, Robins and black Redstarts and would like to see more Red squirrels.

RE: No 3 - I Spy Wildlife in the garden - Small chilli - 17-11-2020

I spy sparrow hawk hunting in my garden in summer I spy slow worms.

RE: No 3 - I Spy Wildlife in the garden - Veggie - 17-11-2020

I SPY.........................Slugs and Snails!!!

RE: No 3 - I Spy Wildlife in the garden - JJB - 17-11-2020

As I write I'm spying a squirrel (grey) digging holes in our newly seeded lawn, BAH!
Sparrows (the thugs) having a very communal bath and whilst I can't see the Wiltshire equivalent of Veggie's slugs and snails, I'm sure they're there.
Quite honestly, much of the wildlife I'm spying, I wish wasn't there.
Like SC we've had the sparrowhawk sitting on the bird table looking for a hot meal during the summer.

RE: No 3 - I Spy Wildlife in the garden - Bren - 17-11-2020

(17-11-2020, 10:08 AM)Veggie Wrote: I SPY.........................Slugs and Snails!!!

Me too   Angry   hate the damage they cause.

Luckily we haven't had any living in the kitchen for a few months.

RE: No 3 - I Spy Wildlife in the garden - Mamzie - 17-11-2020

I spy slugs, snails, sparrows and starlings...

(gutted I missed yesterday, we have Mr Rat who lives near our bird feeders, and 3 very friendly indoor pet Rats )

RE: No 3 - I Spy Wildlife in the garden - PyreneesPlot - 17-11-2020

(17-11-2020, 09:25 AM)Small chilli Wrote: I spy sparrow hawk hunting in my garden in summer I spy slow worms.

Snap!

Plus slug and snail trails ;(