Garden And Gossip Forums
The build - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The build (/showthread.php?tid=491)

RE: The build - Small chilli - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 07:15 PM)Scarlet Wrote: Big Grin that is such a bloke thing! I hope you are luckier than I was when i ordered the doors and windows for my extension they took 4 months Sad
Lead times are improving with some things. I think they said about 4 weeks when we first contacted them. 
they wouldn’t even quote for the front door we wanted because they’re taking so long to get.

RE: The build - Scarlet - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 08:36 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(07-11-2022, 07:15 PM)Scarlet Wrote: Big Grin that is such a bloke thing! I hope you are luckier than I was when i ordered the doors and windows for my extension they took 4 months Sad
Lead times are improving with some things. I think they said about 4 weeks when we first contacted them. 
they wouldn’t even quote for the front door we wanted because they’re taking so long to get.
During covid one glass furnace in france got shut completely and another somewhere - cant remember Exactly - due to covid shortages had its temperatures reduced?Apparently they take a very long time to heat up. Its caused huge backlogs/problems for anything that required glass...I don't think the French one recovered at all.

RE: The build - Scarlet - 07-11-2022

....I'm not a bloke VC Wink

RE: The build - Veggie - 08-11-2022

That's why I deleted it - I thought it was Vinny. Big Grin
Its not my night, is it?

RE: The build - Scarlet - 08-11-2022

Big Grin Big Grin

RE: The build - Bren - 08-11-2022

Hopefully you won't have to wait too long SC Smile

We had a couple of doors and a window for the back of our house fitted by a local firm earlier in the year they got delayed when the fitters caught covid.

RE: The build - Small chilli - 08-11-2022

(08-11-2022, 10:46 AM)Bren Wrote: Hopefully you won't have to wait too long SC Smile

We had a couple of doors and a window for the back of our house fitted by a local firm earlier in the year they got delayed when the fitters caught covid.
Windows will still get put in even if the fitters catch anything nasty because it’s us  Big Grin .

Which is a little daunting if I’m honest

RE: The build - Vinny - 08-11-2022

(08-11-2022, 12:09 AM)Veggie Wrote: That's why I deleted it - I thought it was Vinny. Big Grin
Its not my night, is it?
Now  you've got me wondering Veggie, c'mon spill the beans? Huh

RE: The build - Veggie - 08-11-2022

It was Scarlet's comment about a Bloke thing - can't really remember what I said -, something about it being a bloke thing to say. Don't worry, Vinnie I wouldn't be really rude to you. Wink

RE: The build - Small chilli - 09-11-2022

Finished putting all the baton on. Apart from a little bit around the windows and doors. Which will go in after they’ve been fitted. Clad another wall.
Done lot of other bits and lots of planning, how, when, with what and where’s it coming from. Lot of chatting & giving tours  Big Grin .