Garden And Gossip Forums
The build - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The build (/showthread.php?tid=491)

RE: The build - Small chilli - 23-09-2020

(23-09-2020, 09:11 PM)Bob Wrote: The architect was keen on putting a glass wall/window between the dinning room and the lounge but he got out voted! Maybe we should look at the idea again, 
No.

RE: The build - Mikey - 23-09-2020

Is your roof metal?

With it being pitched single storey is there any opportunity to put a sun tunnel into the roof to bring light into the dining area? Not sure if you have any limitations with your planning application.

Also, is the ceiling pitched internally? I think you've said it was previous in the lounge SC but, I wasn't sure if that's also true throughout the house.

RE: The build - Small chilli - 23-09-2020

Yeah we’re having a tin roof. Dining room doesn’t have a pitched ceiling.

RE: The build - Mikey - 23-09-2020

So a sun tunnel might be an option then?

Gonna mess with your plan now, cos it's fun!! Big Grin

Have you considered moving the store cupboard behind the kitchen door, so that when the kitchen door is left open you only see two doors and not three in a row. You'd also have space for a piece of furniture between the two doors. Smile

Moving the shower over in the bathroom actually helps as it shortens the run on the shower waste, while also allowing you to have a bigger tray as you don't need to allow as much disability access just inside the door.

Said I was messing. Tongue even did a little piccie. Smile

RE: The build - Small chilli - 24-09-2020

That needs some thinking about. It’s not an instant no  Big Grin .

I quite like the light/sun tubes idea as well. Would need to do some research. Don’t know if we need to go back to planners with that & not sure what it’d to to the SAP . If we have to go back to either of those then it won’t be happening. 

This thing has taken 2 very long years already. So I’m NOT going back to the very expensive, narrow minded, slow, pen pushers ( planners to you  Wink ) or a bunch of box tickers (SAP people Rolleyes  ). 

Just as a side note now you have the whole plan. We wanted burnt larch cladding ( hence the dark exterior walls on the plan ). Narrow minded planners wouldn’t let us. We probably could of argued it. We’d Had enough by then.

RE: The build - Mikey - 24-09-2020

I’ll draw up the kitchen with the doors in both places so you can see what I mean. Any other wall dimensions yet, I’m itching to get cracking. Smile

Sorry I’ll do measurements tomorrow I’ve been busy today. This evening I’m celebrating!!!

We own the land!! 

Finally ! 

RE: The build - SarrissUK - 24-09-2020

Yayy!! Congratulations for finally getting the land in your names!!

And I think I would remove the wall between the hall and the kitchen and make it an open space which would help with the light a bit too Smile

RE: The build - Mikey - 24-09-2020

Awesome full steam ahead. Big Grin

(24-09-2020, 08:47 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: Yayy!! Congratulations for finally getting the land in your names!!

And I think I would remove the wall between the hall and the kitchen and make it an open space which would help with the light a bit too Smile
That’s a supporting wall. Roof would fall in without it!