Garden And Gossip Forums
The build - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The build (/showthread.php?tid=491)

RE: The build - Small chilli - 19-08-2022

Wanting to fit them ourselves is almost as bigger stumbling block as our location. Lots of them really don’t like that.

RE: The build - Moth - 19-08-2022

How wide have you cast your net? Are you limited to companies based in Scotland?

RE: The build - Vinny - 19-08-2022

I have perused companies online before where you design your own windows with sizes , openings etc and it gives you an instant price? Not sure about delivery to Mull though. but can't see why not?

At moment I’ve just been looking at Scottish based ones. But as most of them won’t deliver here with or without installation. I don’t hold out much hope for further afield.
Having said that our tin for the roof is coming from Somerset with their own company courier because even with their £800 delivery it was still cheaper than any local companies.

(19-08-2022, 04:58 PM)Vinny Wrote: I have perused companies online before where you design your own windows with sizes , openings etc and it gives you an instant price? Not sure about delivery to Mull though. but can't see why not?
Manly because they don’t want to! I’ve looked at one of those companies this morning. Don’t deliver usual here but would if circumstances were right for them. Also as far as I can see on the website I was viewing they don’t do pointy windows. And limited on style & colour choices.

RE: The build - Small chilli - 21-08-2022

Bobs finished putting the lead on the roof.

[attachment=5214] [attachment=5215]

Hopefully the tin will be here this week. It gets delivered to Glasgow tomorrow. The pick up and brought of to us by the local building supplier and delivery company.

RE: The build - Scarlet - 22-08-2022

(19-08-2022, 03:19 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Wanting to fit them ourselves is almost as bigger stumbling block as our location. Lots of them really don’t like that.
I got my windows made...and had to get someone else to fit. Mine are wood though. Are you looking at plastic/double glazed?

RE: The build - Small chilli - 22-08-2022

(22-08-2022, 08:54 AM)Scarlet Wrote:
(19-08-2022, 03:19 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Wanting to fit them ourselves is almost as bigger stumbling block as our location. Lots of them really don’t like that.
I got my windows made...and had to get someone else to fit. Mine are wood though. Are you looking at plastic/double glazed?
Yeah we’re looking at upvc double or triple. We’d like triple if budget will allow.

RE: The build - Scarlet - 22-08-2022

(22-08-2022, 09:39 AM)Small chilli Wrote:
(22-08-2022, 08:54 AM)Scarlet Wrote:
Yeah we’re looking at upvc double or triple. We’d like triple if budget will allow.
We had to do single glazed here... but they did allow me to use double glazing in my roof light. 
I would try very small firms... they love the unusual.

#I would call rather than send an email - often people just send off emails to find price ranges and aren't interested in going any further. A telephone call usually means you are really interested.

RE: The build - Small chilli - 27-08-2022

Started putting the batten on the walls today.

[attachment=5234]

Will be doing more tomorrow.