Garden And Gossip Forums
The build - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The build (/showthread.php?tid=491)

RE: The build - Small chilli - 22-09-2020

(22-09-2020, 10:14 AM)Veggie Wrote: Does it involve the solicitor - and will there be blood?
Yes & OMG YES !

RE: The build - Veggie - 22-09-2020

Wear old clothes that you can burn afterwards. Wink
Good luck!

EDIT Missed your previous post. What a plonker she is/was. Will she make good salmon food?

This just gets better and better!
We’ve just found out that the land owners solicitor is in the office tomorrow for the last time before he goes to spend the winter in Portugal on Thursday. So if this **it isn’t sorted out tomorrow, we have to wait until next March before we can buy the land !!!
This should of been all done and ****ing dusted before he when to Portugal last ****ing year!

Apologies about the language, but I’m very very angry

RE: The build - Veggie - 22-09-2020

Sincerely hope these solicitors pull their fingers out and do the right thing for you.

RE: The build - Scarlet - 22-09-2020

They will do it SP, I can feel in my bones.
Chill out tonight with a beer x

RE: The build - Mikey - 22-09-2020

Ok SC,

Couple of questions for you, how set are you on those larger windows?

It looks a little tight to fit a tall housing and a hob before the window, ideally you need about 1800mm, 600 oven, 300 space to the right of the hob, hob 600mm, and ideally another 300mm before the window. so that it doesn't feel shoehorned in.

There's no dimensions on your technical plan, have you got one with wall lengths?

Upstand behind the peninsular can be created, it doesn't need to be more than 100mm and it could be used as both concealment for the dining table and somewhere to inset sockets. See images attached, of an eating area with a small upstand wall on the back of the cupboards.

I've done the cupboard accessed from the dining area a lot as it's far more practical than a traditional awkward corner.

Plinth drawers are not a problem but, how about considering going for taller base cabinets with only a 50mm plinth and not 150mm plinths, so you gain an additional 100mm in the cupboards. It would mean going bespoke for cupboard sizes but, there are a couple of door manufacturers which make made to measure doors.

Style-wise are you looking modern slab/handleless kitchen or more traditional shaker/beaded shaker, remember it's generally the handle that dates the style of a kitchen and where the handle is located will determine whether it looks modern or not. Pan drawer style kitchens generally look better with a plainer slab or handleless kitchens though I have done them with shaker kitchens also. I've even done shaker true handleless kitchen so anything is possible. Smile

Nothing is being changed that needs us to go back to planners. The windows stay that big. Also as there’s no way of putting windows into the dining room/area we need them big to get the light into the back of the room.
As for things being shoehorned in. I don’t really mind as long as it looks reasonable ( just look at my current kitchen! I can’t even fit in any food storage). I definitely don’t want any wasted space.
I’ll find the room measurements tomorrow for you.
Sorry to be a pain in the ar$e but I don’t want the up stand that tall above the worktop or that wide. I think it would take to much space from the dinning room. But I’m happy to be proved wrong.

Style is definitely traditional. Colour was thinking green palette. No white ( other than white goods ).
Also definitely not bespoke.
You obviously deal with the rolls Royce of kitchens, we’re more in the market for the second hand mondeo of kitchens!

Looking at your plan, your room is 6 metres by 3.6 metres, natural light will travel a maximum of 6 meters into a space so your dining area is going to be quite dark. Playing devils advocate here, have you thought about swapping your kitchen and dining space around, so you can have tall cabinets against the darkest wall, and your peninsular in the middle of the room where it's lighter, and sit down to dine in the light?

Just a thought....goes and ducks. Smile