Garden And Gossip Forums
The build - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The build (/showthread.php?tid=491)

RE: The build - PyreneesPlot - 15-09-2021

Congratulations on what you've achieved so far, just amazing! Glad you're still enjoying the process.
And don't forget, you don't HAVE to paint the intenal walls straight away. We lived with grey plasterboard for about nine months because we were just sick of the build and wanted to do some fun stuff!!

RE: The build - Roitelet - 15-09-2021

Nine months? I still have some twenty years later!!!!!!

RE: The build - Small chilli - 18-09-2021

The final wall is up. It’s good to be back working on it. But we do have to earn money while we build.

[attachment=3942]

Next we start going up  Smile

RE: The build - Scarlet - 18-09-2021

(15-09-2021, 09:09 PM)Roitelet Wrote: Nine months? I still have some twenty years later!!!!!!
Hmm, me too Big Grin I haven't got carpet on the upstairs yet either Sad Life moves on much faster than I thought.

RE: The build - Small chilli - 18-09-2021

(18-09-2021, 07:17 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(15-09-2021, 09:09 PM)Roitelet Wrote: Nine months? I still have some twenty years later!!!!!!
Hmm, me too Big Grin I haven't got carpet on the upstairs yet either Sad Life moves on much faster than I thought.
It’ll all be getting done much quicker than that. Because of clauses in our land purchase agreement.

RE: The build - Vinny - 18-09-2021

(18-09-2021, 07:17 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
Nice to know I am not the only one! Big Grin

RE: The build - Veggie - 18-09-2021

Why carpet the floor when you can wear slippers? Aren't they called Carpet slippers?

RE: The build - Vinny - 19-09-2021

(18-09-2021, 11:39 PM)Veggie Wrote: Why carpet the floor when you can wear slippers? Aren't they called Carpet slippers?
Part of my floor in one of the bedrooms has floorboards missing from when I installed the central heating! Cry Need to finish tiling the bathroom first (only been a couple of years) before I move on to the bed rooms! Rolleyes

RE: The build - Scarlet - 19-09-2021

I was going to leave my floor boards bare but they splinter and they are so up amd down it's ridiculous. Maybe a 4 inch wave in one room Big Grin ... the house is very old. Then the carpet price so expensive it's always been the last thing on the list. My kids came first.

RE: The build - Small chilli - 19-09-2021

Another busy day with little to show for it. Lots did get done, we had a friend helping today as well as Bobs brother. I felt a little like a spare part. So I started digging post holes for fencing strainers. Dug 3 and a bit found some very big rocks in the last one. Think later on this evening, I’m going to know I’ve been digging all day.