Garden And Gossip Forums
The build - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The build (/showthread.php?tid=491)

RE: The build - Small chilli - 12-09-2021

(12-09-2021, 01:44 AM)Scarlet Wrote: Just making me slightly jealous that I'm still not cooking on my kitchen after 7 months or so....nearly 10 months on from starting the footings!

Looking fab SC!
OMG Scarlet ! Really, 10 months!! I hope you’re kicking someone’s ar$e over the time it’s taking. I’d be having a massive sense of humour loss. Any ideas when you’ll be cooking in your new kitchen?

RE: The build - Bren - 12-09-2021

(11-09-2021, 08:26 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 08:02 PM)Veggie Wrote: Looking like a real house now - and looks huge compared to next door!!
Ssshhh  Blush we’re trying to pretend it’s the small 2 bedroom house we drew on a piece of paper many many months ago! 

we keep hoping as more wall go up the size will reduce. It’s not happened yet  Blush .

I think it'll  look smaller when its clad, roofed and surrounded by plants instead of piles of wood.

RE: The build - Small chilli - 12-09-2021

Very little happened today. We made a mistake Blush  . We knew it would happen at some point. So we sort that out. That took the rest of the day off! So Bob took breeze rounding up pheasants for the local estate. I took skew for a look at his new house    Smile . The first thing he did after he got into the house was put his front feet on the living room window cill to have a look out   Big Grin

[attachment=3895]

RE: The build - Bren - 12-09-2021

Skews just practicing for when he has a real window to look through. Big Grin

RE: The build - Veggie - 12-09-2021

Sometimes, you need to take a break and come back to a job afresh. I'm sure Breeze and Skew were grateful - Skew is probably telling Breeze all about the view from the window at this very moment.

RE: The build - Scarlet - 13-09-2021

(12-09-2021, 08:13 AM)Small chilli Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 01:44 AM)Scarlet Wrote: Just making me slightly jealous that I'm still not cooking on my kitchen after 7 months or so....nearly 10 months on from starting the footings!

Looking fab SC!
OMG Scarlet ! Really, 10 months!! I hope you’re kicking someone’s ar$e over the time it’s taking. I’d be having a massive sense of humour loss. Any ideas when you’ll be cooking in your new kitchen?
I can't really moan at anyone - covid has meant shortage in lots of things - everything has had huge time delays due to staff off, no steel in, isolations due to covid, listed building so I had to wait 3 months for approval of stone wall - but to build the wall I had to have my kitchen wall knocked through as we had to reuse the stone....then the council decide to upgrade their computer systems and delayed approval!! I ordered radiators weeks ago Sad not arrived! I'm hoping next week we will move in! I have electric to the cooker today - although no worktops.

RE: The build - Small chilli - 13-09-2021

I’ve been playing on the build all by myself today. So as you can imagine, not much happened.
I started having a little tidy up & cutting OSB to fit around windows and above windows to cover lintels.
Fitted some of them.
Spot the difference ( different size is not the answer   Big Grin , I’ll give you a clue, I’ve already told you  Big Grin  ).

[attachment=3906] [attachment=3907]

RE: The build - JJB - 13-09-2021

You've fitted narrow vertical slivers of OSB either side of the window

RE: The build - Vinny - 13-09-2021

Very neat and tidy SC. Cool

RE: The build - Veggie - 13-09-2021

You've either made the window smaller or you've made it bigger.................or they're different windows. Smile