Garden And Gossip Forums
The build - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The build (/showthread.php?tid=491)

RE: The build - Small chilli - 04-09-2021

(04-09-2021, 08:26 AM)Admin Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 09:59 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 09:55 PM)Vinny Wrote: Is there only one person working on it now? Huh If so they have done very well! Cool Looking good! Smile
No there are two of us working on it. Just me & Bob  Smile .

And I bet you are in charge of the squirty stuff Wink
I am  Big Grin and the hammer , to tidy up the nail guns half ar$ed job  Big Grin . A friend had a go with the nail gun yesterday. He was very excited by it. He said he’s got shotguns with less kick  Big Grin  .

RE: The build - Bren - 04-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 09:36 PM)Veggie Wrote: Never going to be bored with your house. I feel I've been there with you all the way through and the lovely thing is - I haven't had to do anything to help. Big Grin

That's just how I feel, i love watching the house grow day by day. Smile

RE: The build - JJB - 04-09-2021

Not to be mistaken for squirty cream!
Loving the updates SC, keep them coming. P and I sit in bed with our coffee pouring over the progress photos. Him, being a meticulous planner (I say obsessive) is very mindful of the attention to detail and lack of tolerances, plus the fact its just the two of you. It must be so stressful.

RE: The build - Vinny - 04-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 09:59 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 09:55 PM)Vinny Wrote: Is there only one person working on it now? Huh If so they have done very well! Cool Looking good! Smile
No there are two of us working on it. Just me & Bob  Smile .
Its good that you are actually doing it yourselves! Cool I see lots of footage of supposedly 'Self build' houses where its just contracted out to a construction team. Much more satisfying (and cheaper) doing it your way! Smile Well done, both of you.

RE: The build - Broadway - 04-09-2021

Didn't realise you were "diy", fair play too you bothSmile

RE: The build - Jay - 04-09-2021

Absolutely brilliant SC… will we get an invite to the grand opening?

RE: The build - Spec - 04-09-2021

Really good to see your progress Sc, as Vinny has said great satisfaction when doing it yourself, also like the big window in the guest bedroomRolleyes Big Grin it will be nice to waken up to a view like that Smile

Turns out Saturday isn’t a good day to build. Apart from work getting in the way in the morning. It’s the day when everyone turns up to see how we’re getting on. 4 different lots of people turned up. Which is lovely to know so many people are interested in what we’re doing. We’re more than happy to drop tools and show off what we’re doing and the toys we’re playing with and talk build until our visitors glaze over  Big Grin . But we really achieve very little in actual progress

[attachment=3782] [attachment=3783]

This shows quite well how it all goes together. This section is made up of a few smaller panels because we removed a windows.

[attachment=3784]

RE: The build - Veggie - 04-09-2021

Whatever you think, SC, it looks like progress to me! One week = one house wall. Three weeks' time you'll be thinking of the roof.Big Grin