Garden And Gossip Forums
The build - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The build (/showthread.php?tid=491)

RE: The build - Veggie - 07-07-2021

Plenty of bedtime reading there!!

RE: The build - Vinny - 07-07-2021

(07-07-2021, 11:33 AM)Veggie Wrote: Fantastic!! Now, it all becomes real and not just a dream. Smile
I have this image of a load of panels with IKEA instructions!
As long as its not MFI, or else you will have loads of nuts and bolts left! Big Grin I usually do! Rolleyes

RE: The build - Veggie - 07-07-2021

Blimey, MFI!! That's a name from the good old days. I agree about the nuts and bolts and usually one less hinge than you needed. Smile

RE: The build - Spec - 07-07-2021

(07-07-2021, 11:56 AM)Small chilli Wrote:
(07-07-2021, 11:33 AM)Veggie Wrote: Fantastic!! Now, it all becomes real and not just a dream. Smile
I have this image of a load of panels with IKEA instructions!
The instructions turned up in this !
Inside looks like this    Huh Big Grin 
Exciting times Sc but you will find the instructions easy to follow, it will be A, B, C, D, making the corners then E from A to B, F from B to C and so on if its any more complicated than that I would give up
Though all joking aside, I do wish you all the best with the build and looking forward to seeing it going upSmile

RE: The build - JJB - 08-07-2021

(07-07-2021, 10:35 PM)Veggie Wrote: Blimey, MFI!! That's a name from the good old days. I agree about the nuts and bolts and usually one less hinge than you needed. Smile

I still have a couple of dining room chairs from MFI, bought in 1975 when love was strong and money was short. P & I set up house on MFI. Chairs have been recovered and are still serviceable in the study (not so sure about P & I  though Confused) I expect I could find out how much they cost, we had a very tight budget and although we didn't have spreadsheets P did love a list/chart/table for costings and I've kept them out of sentimentality- how sad is that? Rolleyes

RE: The build - Small chilli - 08-07-2021

I threw up in an MFI store  Blush .

RE: The build - Veggie - 08-07-2021

Hope it wasn't on one of JJB's Chairs. Big Grin

Sad that I am I still have the receipt for the chairs, £9.95 each, those were the days!

SC threw up out of disgust at the designs?

(08-07-2021, 10:21 AM)Veggie Wrote: Hope it wasn't on one of JJB's Chairs. Big Grin

They were covered in 'oatmeal' so it wouldn't have shown  Big Grin

Getting an extending dining room table and two chairs from Southampton to Salisbury in a Renault 5 was at the least 'interesting' and very stressful, a strain on  young relationship.

RE: The build - Small chilli - 08-07-2021

(08-07-2021, 10:21 AM)Veggie Wrote: Hope it wasn't on one of JJB's Chairs. Big Grin
I believe it was in a wardrobe in the seconds / damaged section    Big Grin .

oddly enough I wasn’t very old 5 or 6 I think.