Garden And Gossip Forums
The build - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The build (/showthread.php?tid=491)

RE: The build - Small chilli - 15-06-2021

(15-06-2021, 09:59 AM)Scarlet Wrote: I'm finding a kitchen extension enough of a headache. Good on you for doing a whole house. Everything is going at a snails pace but the OH a managed to hook up my dishwasher!! Washing dishes in the shower was a pain - I was constantly soaked. Stacking the dishwasher outside in the sun is a novelty- I may not like it so much if it rains.
I really hope you’re going to do a before & after thread about your kitchen. Obviously with lots & lots of photos. I’m so looking forward to seeing it finished. Probably not as much as you are  Big Grin . I’m finding the whole building process fascinating when thing’s are actually moving in the right direction  Rolleyes  Frustrating as hell when they’re not! 

we met a young couple last year through my chilli business   Smile . They’re are also building. They’ve just started putting walls up. I’m not jealous……….much  Big Grin . It’s great have someone else close by we can get together with and talked building without having them glaze over  Big Grin . We’re round at there site often to see how they’re are doing things. Builders are doing theirs to wind & water tight. Then they will take over. It’s surprising how much you can learn from seeing another building site. We’ll have to go round again soon. See how they’re putting the walls up.

RE: The build - Spec - 15-06-2021

(15-06-2021, 09:59 AM)Scarlet Wrote: I'm finding a kitchen extension enough of a headache. Good on you for doing a whole house. Everything is going at a snails pace but the OH a managed to hook up my dishwasher!! Washing dishes in the shower was a pain - I was constantly soaked. Stacking the dishwasher outside in the sun is a novelty- I may not like it so much if it rains.

Reading that post, I think there was a missed opportunity there Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

RE: The build - Small chilli - 17-06-2021

We’ve had some gravel delivered!!!!

[attachment=3139]

About time to! Fingers crossed we get some more tomorrow.

RE: The build - Vinny - 17-06-2021

If you can get 30 tonners onto the site it is a damm site cheaper than 20 tonners. I used to organise hundreds of tons of Messingham Sports  topdressing sand but one site couldn't accept 30 tonners and cost us a fortune to get it delivered in 20 tonners. 

I would hazard a guess that yours are 30 tonne heaps?

(17-06-2021, 07:37 PM)Vinny Wrote: If you can get 30 tonners onto the site it is a damm site cheaper than 20 tonners. I used to organise hundreds of tons of Messingham Sports  topdressing sand but one site couldn't accept 30 tonners and cost us a fortune to get it delivered in 20 tonners. 

Ha ha you’re a funny man. 16/18 tonne per load at most. That photo is 4 loads. Our roads have weight limit, which we’re  obviously not going over   Wink .  We’ll probably need another 10 loads.

RE: The build - Vinny - 17-06-2021

(17-06-2021, 08:38 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(17-06-2021, 07:37 PM)Vinny Wrote: If you can get 30 tonners onto the site it is a damm site cheaper than 20 tonners. I used to organise hundreds of tons of Messingham Sports  topdressing sand but one site couldn't accept 30 tonners and cost us a fortune to get it delivered in 20 tonners. 

Ha ha you’re a funny man. 16/18 tonne per load at most. That photo is 4 loads. Our roads have weight limit, which we’re  obviously not going over   Wink .  We’ll probably need another 10 loads.
Expensive with 20 tonners, shame about the weight limits.

Makes no difference it’s priced per tonne.

RE: The build - Vinny - 18-06-2021

(17-06-2021, 09:45 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Makes no difference it’s priced per tonne.
I bet it would make a huge difference to haulage costs tho........it did for us.

RE: The build - Small chilli - 18-06-2021

More  Big Grin   Big Grin 

[attachment=3145]

RE: The build - Veggie - 18-06-2021

Is that a 5 tonner? Smile