Garden And Gossip Forums
The build - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The build (/showthread.php?tid=491)

RE: The build - Small chilli - 08-06-2021

Thanks veggie . I’d definitely take a law degree and engineering degree before I did this house building lark again! So I wouldn’t have to deal with those morons! 
I’ll probably be adding more to that list by time we’ve finished! If we ever get started again that is  Sad .

RE: The build - Scarlet - 08-06-2021

Such a sh1t storm SP! I AMA amazed how many idiots out there!

RE: The build - Scarlet - 08-06-2021

(08-06-2021, 03:55 PM)Ok Vinny Wrote: Don't get me started! Rolleyes

Many years ago I worked for 10 years at British Steel  Consett works. It was the Thatcher era and we were told if you get production up the site will be saved. We grafted our bollocks off and got production up. We made it a profitable enterprise but Maggie and her cronies shut the place anyway in 1980 putting 7500 souls on the dole and turning Consett into a ghost town.

Heavy industry in the UK has nigh on been wiped out. Angry
Rubbish isn't it Sad I was brought up in a Welsh mining village  - the pit strikes when I was a kid are still vivid memories. Food banks everywhere. Everyone out of work, if the miners didn't have any money no one else did either as they weren't having any work done etc....Foraging food was a big thing, I remember picking mushrooms or blackberries to make pies for the neighbours. It was pretty tough.

RE: The build - Spec - 08-06-2021

I recon you will look back on some of these things from the past and think, things were so much better in those days, not going to comment any longer as I will get banned for being political Rolleyes

RE: The build - Small chilli - 14-06-2021

Rant warning!

This is starting to get silly now! My ****ing bank is jumping on the “ I’m a useless **** “ band wagon now!!
Our ground work fella sent us a bill for the work he’s done so far. Perfectly responsible. Obviously as we want him to come back we paid it straight away. My bank stopped the payment, blocking my banking app and their branch of the fraud squad was on the phone to us. They phoned just at the end of business yesterday and we missed the call. So phoned them back this morning. All sorted just after 8am this morning. Until ten minutes ago when we had to repeat the process again! FFS  Angry  Angry  Angry .

And the ****ing quarry still haven’t delivered any more stone, that they promised last week  Angry .

I’m going to get locked up soon! If the cell will have bars or padded walls I’m not sure! Probably both!! 

Hopefully in the not to distant future I’ll be posting some progress news and photos. Rather than the constant whining I’m doing at the moment. Apologies for venting at you lot. You’re all doing a marvellous job at keeping the rest of the planet safe from my mildly psychopathic rages .  Confused

RE: The build - JJB - 14-06-2021

Psychopathic rages excused. Perfectly justified, Paul is ranting in the background in sympathy having had a similar problem with the bank when paying for son's kitchen build.

RE: The build - Veggie - 14-06-2021

Rant on, SC - we're used to it and we don't mind - but we'd much prefer it if you had no reason to rant. That day will come.Smile
Banks are a bit like that - stopping big payments that come out of your account to a new payee. I guess there's so much fraud going on these days they're trying to protect you but it would be nice if they contacted you first before stopping the payment!

RE: The build - Small chilli - 14-06-2021

(14-06-2021, 12:45 PM)Veggie Wrote: Rant on, SC - we're used to it and we don't mind - but we'd much prefer it if you had no reason to rant. That day will come.Smile
Banks are a bit like that - stopping big payments that come out of your account to a new payee. I guess there's so much fraud going on these days they're trying to protect you but it would be nice if they contacted you first before stopping the payment!
I know they’re just protecting my money. But having to repeat the process twice for the same bill is not helpful or professional. It was a good chunk of money to be fair and going into a newly set up company.  But twice isn’t on. 

you’re all very understanding. Thank you  Smile

RE: The build - Vinny - 14-06-2021

Glad you've got it sorted, you could do without that sort of carp.

RE: The build - Scarlet - 15-06-2021

I'm finding a kitchen extension enough of a headache. Good on you for doing a whole house. Everything is going at a snails pace but the OH a managed to hook up my dishwasher!! Washing dishes in the shower was a pain - I was constantly soaked. Stacking the dishwasher outside in the sun is a novelty- I may not like it so much if it rains.