Garden And Gossip Forums
The build - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The build (/showthread.php?tid=491)

RE: The build - Small chilli - 07-06-2021

Five and a half weeks after finding out our foundations drawings weren’t worth the paper they were drawn on. We have new ones. Also an engineering design company refusing to compensate for materials brought that we don’t need or time lost with the build stoppage.  Angry  Angry  Angry .
I’d like to blood eagle the lot of them  Angry .

So please if anyone is have any work done at all. Please don’t use Cowal Design Ltd . They have offices in Oban , Glasgow and London.

RE: The build - Scarlet - 07-06-2021

So crap! They just don't care and seem to be able to get away with such rubbish work!

We paid for steel calculations, the steels themselves and had them fitted - similar story Sad we've had to pay for those to be taken out, new steels made and refitted. This building lark isn't an easy process. Very stressful SP. Hopefully things will go a little smoother now.
I've been washing dishes in the shower for weeks....and the windows and doors haven't been made yet Big Grin

RE: The build - Vinny - 07-06-2021

I use steel in my wrought ironwork. Just checked my steel stockholder and a lot of stuff is unavailable, and what there is, is overpriced. Angry *Wonders* could this be a knock on affect of leaving the Common Market, or is it just Covid related? Huh

RE: The build - Small chilli - 07-06-2021

(07-06-2021, 10:22 PM)Vinny Wrote: I use steel in my wrought ironwork. Just checked my steel stockholder and a lot of stuff is unavailable, and what there is, is overpriced. Angry *Wonders* could this be a knock on affect of leaving the Common Market, or is it just Covid related? Huh
Both, I think.

RE: The build - Scarlet - 08-06-2021

(07-06-2021, 10:22 PM)Vinny Wrote: I use steel in my wrought ironwork. Just checked my steel stockholder and a lot of stuff is unavailable, and what there is, is overpriced. Angry *Wonders* could this be a knock on affect of leaving the Common Market, or is it just Covid related? Huh
In November we had to wait many weeks for the steel to come in. We were told that their steel cam e from China and as they were in complete shutdown for months we were the last to get any.

RE: The build - Veggie - 08-06-2021

Whatever happened to Buy British and supporting our own steel industry? Crazy!

RE: The build - Scarlet - 08-06-2021

(08-06-2021, 10:50 AM)Veggie Wrote: Whatever happened to Buy British and supporting our own steel industry? Crazy!
Exactly my thoughts.

RE: The build - Small chilli - 08-06-2021

OMG!! Solicitors have just emailed Bob wanting more money for the purchase of the land!!  You remember that debacle! They got codes wrong so we almost brought the salmon fishing rights! Several other thing meaning we had to sign the legal papers 3 separate times with a witness ! That was back in September! They’ve just noticed a section we’ve not paid! Because they didn’t bill us! We paid them instantly as soon as the bill arrived. They can **** *** *****  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry . 

Feel free to fill in the blanks as you see fit  Wink

RE: The build - Vinny - 08-06-2021

Don't get me started! Rolleyes

Many years ago I worked for 10 years at British Steel  Consett works. It was the Thatcher era and we were told if you get production up the site will be saved. We grafted our bollocks off and got production up. We made it a profitable enterprise but Maggie and her cronies shut the place anyway in 1980 putting 7500 souls on the dole and turning Consett into a ghost town.

Heavy industry in the UK has nigh on been wiped out. Angry

RE: The build - Veggie - 08-06-2021

(08-06-2021, 03:53 PM)Small chilli Wrote: OMG!! Solicitors have just emailed Bob wanting more money for the purchase of the land!!  You remember that debacle! They got codes wrong so we almost brought the salmon fishing rights! Several other thing meaning we had to sign the legal papers 3 separate times with a witness ! That was back in September! They’ve just noticed a section we’ve not paid! Because they didn’t bill us! We paid them instantly as soon as the bill arrived. They can **** *** *****  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry . 

Feel free to fill in the blanks as you see fit  Wink
Where are all the professionals these days? I can't believe how many problems you've had with people who should know exactly what they are doing.
I'm really sorry that you're having to deal with these idiots when you should be building a house.