Garden And Gossip Forums
The build - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The build (/showthread.php?tid=491)

RE: The build - Admin - 01-05-2021

I would be tempted to talk to my solicitor, they will carry professional indemnity insurance and have to meet additional cost incurred.

RE: The build - JJB - 01-05-2021

Fingers crossed here SC. In addition to sacking the idiot, they should surely accept financial responsibility. To console yourself a little bit, thank goodness the FB friend caught the plonker's errors in time. Hugs to you.

RE: The build - Mikey - 01-05-2021

Lovely spot SC, as they generally say in building all the contingency is gone getting out of the ground...

RE: The build - PyreneesPlot - 01-05-2021

Beautiful location SC.
Surely the company are at fault and will have to cover the cost of any remedial works, should they be needed?

RE: The build - Veggie - 01-05-2021

Big IF, I know, and I don't expect you to know the answer, but, instead of digging down further (if you have too) could you raise the platform up by 75cms?

RE: The build - Small chilli - 01-05-2021

(01-05-2021, 03:27 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Beautiful location SC.
Surely the company are at fault and will have to cover the cost of any remedial works, should they be needed?
As with many companies to do with the building trade. They have a whole plethora of covering there ar$es clauses . But we are definitely going to try our very best to get them to pay for their mistakes.

(01-05-2021, 03:47 PM)Veggie Wrote: Big IF, I know, and I don't expect you to know the answer, but, instead of digging down further (if you have too) could you raise the platform up by 75cms?

we did look at that even before this problem came up. As the back of the house is slightly below the natural ground level. Due to slightly sloping ground. Raising the drive to meet it would cost a fortune! We don’t want lots of steps up to the house. At some point we’re going to be unstable on the old legs and not cope well with steps. 
That aging process is being speeded up by incompetent idiots stressing me a little   Rolleyes .

RE: The build - Vinny - 01-05-2021

Whilst watching Grand Designs I don't think I have ever seen a house build that went smoothly. They always seem to run out of money or hit problems similar to yours. It is a very stressful process methinks.

Apologies for stating the obvious SC as I honestly have a lot of empathy for your situation and hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.

(01-05-2021, 07:22 PM)Vinny Wrote: Whilst watching Grand Designs I don't think I have ever seen a house build that went smoothly. They always seem to run out of money or hit problems similar to yours. It is a very stressful process methinks.

Apologies for stating the obvious SC as I honestly have a lot of empathy for your situation and hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.
Me & Bob always try to guess which of the big 3 each grand designs are going to do each episode.
1, over budget 
2, takes longer than planned 
3, she gets pregnant halfway through the build.

so often it’s all 3   Big Grin  .

Before anyone asks 1&2 very likely, 3 not a cat in he11s chance  Tongue

RE: The build - Mikey - 02-05-2021

(01-05-2021, 03:47 PM)Veggie Wrote: Big IF, I know, and I don't expect you to know the answer, but, instead of digging down further (if you have too) could you raise the platform up by 75cms?
Generally not an option as your planning application will have an elevation drawing showing lie of the land and the house located in it. I’ve seen roofs removed that have exceeded height. Grumpy neighbours and general busybodies love nothing more than to find an error in your construction to beat you with. Sad