Garden And Gossip Forums
The build - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The build (/showthread.php?tid=491)

RE: The build - Small chilli - 29-04-2021

(29-04-2021, 04:17 PM)JJB Wrote: Absolutely love Terry Pratchett - I've read them all.

“Scientists have calculated that the chances of something so patently absurd actually existing are millions to one. But magicians have calculated that million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.”

So true
Couldn’t put better    Big Grin

RE: The build - Veggie - 29-04-2021

I thought Terry Pratchett was a perfect choice for you, SC. Smile
I couldn't think of one for myself.

RE: The build - Can the Man - 29-04-2021

So sorry to hear of your issues SC, is there not an architect responsible?

RE: The build - Small chilli - 30-04-2021

(29-04-2021, 11:38 PM)Can the Man Wrote: So sorry to hear of your issues SC, is there not an architect responsible?
No the architect has done everything we’ve ask of him. He was only ever got to do the design and get us through planning & building warrant. He was never going to project manage.

RE: The build - Small chilli - 30-04-2021

Bob did some work for someone a couple of weeks ago in exchange for him taking some photos of our sit with his drone.

It looks massive!
The house won’t be that big. It’s been dug out an extra 2m all round. So we’ve got a hard surface for scaffolding and stuff.

[attachment=2821] [attachment=2822]

RE: The build - Bren - 30-04-2021

SC that's such a mess about the plans you must be gutted Sad

RE: The build - Veggie - 30-04-2021

Seeing the drone photos gives a much better idea of how the house will fit on the plot and how your garden will develop. I can picture it all now. Smile

RE: The build - Can the Man - 30-04-2021

Drone photos look brilliant SC

RE: The build - Small chilli - 01-05-2021

Another one from the drone. Our site isn’t quite on it but it’s a cracker of a picture. We’ll get him to do this one again with our house in it when it’s built.

[attachment=2828]

RE: The build - Small chilli - 01-05-2021

A quick update on the fiasco that is our structural engineers drawings.
Turns out the muppet responsible has been sacked & we are not alone in having unusable drawings. This doesn’t make us feel any better! 
We now have a different bloke working on it. He’s got a few projects to sort out and the company is now short handed. So know idea how long it’s going to take!! As far as I’m concerned not ****ing long (I’m still a little annoyed  Rolleyes ).

So everyone I need your help again. Can you all cross your fingers please. 1. That this mess is sorted quickly. 2. We can still use all the metal hoops/links we’ve already brought. 3. ( this is the biggie! ) that we don’t have to remove the 100 ton of stone we’ve already put into the foundations and continue digging down to 150cm below concrete leave. Rather than the 75cm we have dug to ( because we hit hard ) because  mr I’ve been sacked said that was ok!