Garden And Gossip Forums
The build - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The build (/showthread.php?tid=491)

RE: The build - PyreneesPlot - 12-03-2021

Today we took the 'forever' tiles including the two unique ones given to us as 'congratulations, you've bought a plot of land' down from the kitchen to replace them.
Just saying, plan carefully. Then plan a bit more Smile Smile

RE: The build - Small chilli - 20-03-2021

Mini rant & warning to any DIY enthusiasts/ house builders. Tool station is turning into a really unreliable company. Which is sad because they were good. Ordered a nail gun. Along with other things. Half of which they cancelled without explanation! We know why, it’s the same thing every time. hazardous item, can’t go on a boat ( which translates into can’t be a$ed to fill out the extra paperwork, so it can go on a boat!. To be far lot of companies do that not just tool station).Anyway a cheap and nasty little saw arrived! Worth 10% of the ordered nail gun. After a little chat with them that was sent back and a refund was supposed to be issued, as they’d run out of the nail gun. Why they take 3 days to refund money is ridiculous, when is just the reverse of us paying them and that’s done instantly! Bobs now having another little chat with them because after 3 days we still don’t have our money back!

RE: The build - Small chilli - 23-03-2021

It’s started    Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Cool Cool Cool 

[attachment=2466]

[attachment=2467]

[attachment=2468]

RE: The build - Veggie - 23-03-2021

So Happy for you both. Smile
Look at all that lovely topsoil too.

RE: The build - PyreneesPlot - 23-03-2021

Woo hoo! So brilliantly exciting Smile

Our day one was "good news, there's already a concrete pipe installed for the roadside ditch so we don't need to install one".
Half an hour later, "the digger's broken the pipe getting on to site".

RE: The build - JJB - 24-03-2021

Congratulations SC.

RE: The build - Small chilli - 25-03-2021

A bit more done today. You are going to get very bored of this thread, I will not apologise  Big Grin Big Grin .

One of the lorries delivering 20 ton of stone 
[attachment=2471] 

[attachment=2472]

Parking area 

[attachment=2473]

Started digging out for the garage foundation. ( just far end is garage, not all of it. Some is our turning area) 

[attachment=2474]

RE: The build - Veggie - 25-03-2021

Love those round pebbles. Are they beach'river pebbles?

RE: The build - Small chilli - 25-03-2021

No it’s from the local quarry. It’s the cheapest stuff they do. It called “as dug” . There are some very pretty stones in amongst it. I’m finding it very difficult not to collect lots of them! I like stones  Blush . Digger driver recommended it because it packs down well. We’ll have different stuff on top of that.

RE: The build - Veggie - 25-03-2021

I like stones too!! I hope the "different stuff" is as interesting.