Garden And Gossip Forums
The build - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The build (/showthread.php?tid=491)

RE: The build - JJB - 26-11-2023

P is fascinated and wondering what goes on next, is the underfloor heating cables or water pipes and how do you stop the floor crushing it all down into the insulation. As they say 'watch this space'

RE: The build - Small chilli - 26-11-2023

(26-11-2023, 12:13 PM)JJB Wrote: P is fascinated and wondering what goes on next,  is the underfloor heating cables or water pipes and how do you stop the floor crushing it all down into the insulation.  As they say 'watch this space'
 Any big gaps between sheets of insulation will get filled with insulation spray foam and/or be taped.
Next is another membrane (sheet of plastic). Which is just to stop the cement /screed from seeping into the gaps and lifting the insulation and causing cold bridging. Then we lay the under floor heating pipes (water). It’s really tuff stuff. It’s specifically designed to take the weight of the floor on top of it. Also it is clipped into long strips which hold it in position and keep it off the insulation. So the screed will completely in case the pipes .I’ve been told it’s going to be a work out, to tame the beast, into the position we want it. Then the 6cm of screed. That’s going to be a fun job. It’s all getting mixed and wheelbarrowed in and layer by hand! Roughly about 8 tons.

RE: The build - JJB - 26-11-2023

(26-11-2023, 02:03 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(26-11-2023, 12:13 PM)JJB Wrote: P is fascinated and wondering what goes on next,  is the underfloor heating cables or water pipes and how do you stop the floor crushing it all down into the insulation.  As they say 'watch this space'
 Any big gaps between sheets of insulation will get filled with insulation spray foam and/or be taped.
Next is another membrane (sheet of plastic). Which is just to stop the cement /screed from seeping into the gaps and lifting the insulation and causing cold bridging. Then we lay the under floor heating pipes (water). It’s really tuff stuff. It’s specifically designed to take the weight of the floor on top of it. Also it is clipped into long strips which hold it in position and keep it off the insulation. So the screed will completely in case the pipes .I’ve been told it’s going to be a work out, to tame the beast, into the position we want it. Then the 6cm of screed. That’s going to be a fun job. It’s all getting mixed and wheelbarrowed in and layer by hand! Roughly about 8 tons.

Bubby 'ell 6cm of handmade screed, that's yet another workout.  That's a fine heat store you'll have underneath to keep your tootsies warm. It's going to be really energy efficient when it's all done.  P says thank you (me too), he finds your progress reports very interesting.

(26-11-2023, 03:56 PM)JJB Wrote:
(26-11-2023, 02:03 PM)Small chilli Wrote:

Bubby 'ell 6cm of handmade screed, that's yet another workout.  That's a fine heat store you'll have underneath to keep your tootsies warm. It's going to be really energy efficient when it's all done.  P says thank you (me too), he finds your progress reports very interesting.
You’re both very welcome    Blush . It’s wonderful to still have friends I can talk about the build to, without them glazing over  Big Grin

Today has been a day of firsts

First time the house has been hoovered  Big Grin And probably the last time by Bob   Rolleyes .

[attachment=7235]

Also first time outside of windows have had a wash. I started it just to get the cement dust off the porch, front door, bathroom & bedroom. Then bob got all his window cleaning stuff out and we went round and did all of them.

[attachment=7236]

Finished laying the insulation in porch. Did a few little job in living room before emptying it really for it’s radon & insulation. Also fitted a few wood insert’s around a couple of windows and back door that we’ve been meaning to do for ages.

RE: The build - Vinny - 27-11-2023

(26-11-2023, 06:11 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Today has been a day of firsts

First time the house has been hoovered  Big Grin And probably the last time by Bob   Rolleyes .

Also first time outside of windows have had a wash. I started it just to get the cement dust off the porch, front door, bathroom & bedroom. Then bob got all his window cleaning stuff out and we went round and did all of them.

Finished laying the insulation in porch. Did a few little job in living room before emptying it really for it’s radon & insulation. Also fitted a few wood insert’s around a couple of windows and back door that we’ve been meaning to do for ages.
I see the quality controller is keeping an eye on things! Big Grin

RE: The build - Veggie - 27-11-2023

(27-11-2023, 10:39 AM)Vinny Wrote:

All 3 of them. Big Grin

RE: The build - Vinny - 27-11-2023

(27-11-2023, 11:03 AM)Veggie Wrote:
(27-11-2023, 10:39 AM)Vinny Wrote:

All 3 of them. Big Grin
After a second look,I can only see two, and one grafting? Rolleyes

RE: The build - Veggie - 27-11-2023

Two dogs and the photographer. Big Grin

RE: The build - Small chilli - 27-11-2023

Living room floor is now done. I did it myself as Bob and Breeze were at the local pheasant shoot. Well I had skews help  Rolleyes . [attachment=7237] Every time a gun went off, he’d come and sit right where I was working.

[attachment=7241] [attachment=7240]
I’m really enjoying being able to do all this bit without Bobs help.  Big Grin . Feel like I’m actually contributing. Better than just being there to stop Bob from doing things wrong or in an overly complicated manner and sometimes just stopping him being damn right stupid    Rolleyes  Big Grin .