Garden And Gossip Forums
The build - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The build (/showthread.php?tid=491)

RE: The build - Small chilli - 24-07-2023

Maybe on of the other sheds  Big Grin .

RE: The build - Small chilli - 28-07-2023

A quick update as I’ve been a little busy.  We have to be out of here by the 1st august! Our vehicle broke down over a week ago ( 19th ) bob has spent 3 day trying to fix it without success! Bob yesterday ( thankfully, about bloody time ) gave up on trying to fix the vehicle. Has borrowed a vehicle from the farm. So now we can start again. The weather has been uncooperative! rain doesn’t help with moving things. The wind doesn’t help with putting tin on the garage roof! And tomorrow I’m cleaning 5 houses. With help and only one is big (sleeping more than 10). But still that’s going to be a busy and long day.
Apart from that it’s all good…… I think. I really don’t know or care much anymore. Everything hurts including my tiny little brain  Rolleyes

RE: The build - JJB - 28-07-2023

(28-07-2023, 09:27 AM)Small chilli Wrote: A quick update as I’ve been a little busy.  We have to be out of here by the 1st august! Our vehicle broke down over a week ago ( 19th ) bob has spent 3 day trying to fix it without success! Bob yesterday ( thankfully, about bloody time ) gave up on trying to fix the vehicle. Has borrowed a vehicle from the farm. So now we can start again. The weather has been uncooperative! rain doesn’t help with moving things. The wind doesn’t help with putting tin on the garage roof! And tomorrow I’m cleaning 5 houses. With help and only one is big (sleeping more than 10). But still that’s going to be a busy and long day.
Apart from that it’s all good…… I think. I really don’t know or care much anymore. Everything hurts including my tiny little brain  Rolleyes

Chin up SC.  It has to get better eventually.

RE: The build - Veggie - 28-07-2023

On the 2nd August, you'll be so happy, living on your own land with your own house and everything that goes with it, that nothing else will matter. Believe me.

RE: The build - Bren - 29-07-2023

A busy day SC but Wednesday morning everything will be worth it.

RE: The build - Small chilli - 30-07-2023

So you know sometimes you meet those people that start telling you stories. You’re stood there smiling nicely while thinking, “yeah right, you are full of it and talking complete BS”   Big Grin .

Well get a load of this one    Big Grin .

We’re not moving into our site caravan. But we still have to be out of here by the 1st august. 
We’re moving (it turns out) next door but one. This new plan all fell into place yesterday. It was rumoured at the beginning of the month. But yesterday we were told yes. So we’re getting closer to our own property  Big Grin . In fact to make confusing. We’ll be next door but one from our build  Big Grin  . So until the end of September we will still have things like showers & flushing toilets    Big Grin . Better than the composting toilet and using empty holiday homes on a Saturday for showers & laundry. Which is what life in the caravan was about to be Blush  . Hopefully by September our build will be a little more civilised and provide some of those things. Hopefully! 

The village map to make our game of musical houses a little clearer

[attachment=6854]

The house we’re moving into temporarily is the shepherds house. The old one left at the end of May. The new one isn’t moving in until October 1st.

RE: The build - Veggie - 30-07-2023

That's fantastic news, SC. Big Grin Really happy for you! Must take some of the pressure off you both.
I've just taken a GoogleDrive past your house to get my bearings. The Driveby car must like coming to Mull as it was there in Nov 2021 and July 2022 - also in 2009. Great to see Bradan's progress and your arch in all its glory.

RE: The build - JJB - 30-07-2023

It'll be like stepping stones but houses instead of stones. Good news you must be so relieved. Now the panic is on to meet the end of September deadline. Weather permitting.

RE: The build - Small chilli - 30-07-2023

(30-07-2023, 10:01 AM)JJB Wrote: It'll be like stepping stones but houses instead of stones. Good news you must be so relieved. Now the panic is on to meet the end of September deadline.  Weather permitting.
We still won’t be finished by a long way! But hopefully we will have done enough to make things a little easier. We’ve got lots of people arriving this afternoon to help move big heavy things. Especially as I’m a bit limpy!

RE: The build - Bren - 30-07-2023

That’s great news about your temporary home SC, it’ll make things much pleasanter for you both.