Garden And Gossip Forums
The build - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The build (/showthread.php?tid=491)

RE: The build - Small chilli - 16-07-2023

Fortnight is deadline to be in the caravan. And I can’t wait! Don’t get me wrong. I have no rosé tinted delusions that the caravan is going to be fun , easy or enjoyable. But I don’t want to be at Edith anymore, it feels less like home every day. Had enough of everything I need always being at the other house! Infuriating. I just want all my stuff in one place.
Obviously all our stuff still won’t be in one place as we can still leave the tunnels and contents of all the sheds here for storage. It is literally just the house & garage we have to vacate by the end of the month.
So all the big furniture will be going into the big tunnel. Just fingers crossed it doesn’t get damp or rodent damage while it’s out there.

RE: The build - Small chilli - 21-07-2023

I’ve finally finished converting the old chicken house into the new ferret house. It’s been a fight! But I’ve done it all myself. I’ve also added a little lean to shed on the side. 

[attachment=6834]

Got a lot of the shed done after I took the photos.

[attachment=6835]  [attachment=6836]  [attachment=6837] 

Little badger will be moving in tomorrow or Sunday.

RE: The build - Veggie - 21-07-2023

Love the hammocks. Big Grin

RE: The build - JJB - 22-07-2023

5 star accommodation for Badger. Do ferrets dig to try and escape?

RE: The build - Small chilli - 22-07-2023

Yeah I think they are quite good at digging. So will have to keep a close eye on her. But as she’s 8 years old, she hopefully not going to want to go far anyway. And a very high chance she’ll dig into rocks just under the surface. She won’t be in the run part unsupervised until I’m sure there’s nowhere obvious she can escape from and that her hole digging ability hasn’t been underestimated. When I’m happy she’s safe. She’ll have access to the whole run all the time.

RE: The build - Small chilli - 23-07-2023

Little badger has moved house today.

[attachment=6841]  [attachment=6842]

I finished building the little lean to shed. Which will mostly have ferret stuff, food, cleaning stuff.

[attachment=6843]

The garage is coming on very nicely. Bob and Steve who is helping him. Both decided putting roof panels up in the wind today was a bad idea.

[attachment=6844]

RE: The build - Veggie - 23-07-2023

Badger looks happy in her new home.
The garage looks like a wattle and daub building until you zoom in!

RE: The build - Bren - 24-07-2023

(23-07-2023, 09:08 PM)Veggie Wrote: Badger looks happy in her new home.
The garage looks like a wattle and daub building until you zoom in!
I thought that about the garage Smile  I do like the Badgers little hammock.

RE: The build - Small chilli - 24-07-2023

Sorry to disappoint ladies. It’s just the building paper and batten ready for the cladding to go up. That will probably happen after we’ve moved. The paper will protect the actual structure for a few weeks.

RE: The build - JJB - 24-07-2023

(24-07-2023, 09:35 AM)Small chilli Wrote: Sorry to disappoint ladies. It’s just the building paper and batten ready for the cladding to go up. That will probably happen after we’ve moved. The paper will protect the actual structure for a few weeks.

Knowing your love of crafts, I'm surprised you haven't tried wattle and daub for something  Big Grin  mud pies with poo mixed in sounds fun