Garden And Gossip Forums
The build - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The build (/showthread.php?tid=491)

RE: The build - Small chilli - 19-06-2023

Yesterday was more moving of stuff. And putting it in our attic. 

[attachment=6665]

And very exciting our address is now active. So we can get post   Big Grin . Looking forward to seeing our first bit of post. It’ll probably be junk mail    Rolleyes . All our post goes there anyway already. The post man likes the new post box better  Rolleyes   Big Grin  , he doesn’t have to bend or fight with a door that’s dropped like on the one here .

RE: The build - Small chilli - 03-07-2023

We actually did something towards the build today! About time, but I’ll not go into a rant  Wink . 
It was more juggling of wood piles than actually building anything. But it felt good to be doing something.
Moved the pile of off cuts. One trailer load went to someone the other side of the village. Another trailer load ready to go next door. He was out today. Then we started moving the stack of cladding off the garage slab. Ready to start building that.

RE: The build - Small chilli - 06-07-2023

We’ve had a delivery   Big Grin 

[attachment=6778]

The blocks for the porch & the timber for the garage. Bob has started on the garage already.

RE: The build - Small chilli - 09-07-2023

Last few days Bob has been building roof trusses for the garage

[attachment=6784]

Today he started putting the frame up for the walls.

[attachment=6785]

I’ve been busy levelling the ground and putting up the old chicken house (soon to be converted into new ferret house)

I forgot to take photos of my handy work  Rolleyes

RE: The build - Vinny - 09-07-2023

Brings back memories of a garage I built many years ago. About the same size and I built it single handedly. I remember it was really awkward trying to hold those roof trusses up by myself and at the ame time stop the walls from falling inward! Big Grin

Don't do what I did, as hoarded all my crap in it! Rolleyes

Lookin good! Cool

RE: The build - Small chilli - 09-07-2023

It’ll be Bob’s workshop. I can assure you. Within 6 months, seeing the floor in there will be a distant memory!

RE: The build - Small chilli - 13-07-2023

The garage is coming on.

[attachment=6803]

RE: The build - Small chilli - 15-07-2023

Garage is flying up. Probably because it’s needed within a fortnight.  Rolleyes .

[attachment=6813]

Just put the size into perspective 

[attachment=6814]

RE: The build - Veggie - 15-07-2023

Wow! Its huge.
The second photo looks so "lived in" - lawn, flowers, not to mention a house and caravan.

RE: The build - JJB - 16-07-2023

At this rate Bob will finish it by teatime. Is the fortnight deadline you actually moving in, or are you already in residence, at least in the caravan.