Garden And Gossip Forums
Flowers to be proud of - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Flowers and Ornamentals (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: All about Flowers and Ornamentals (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Flowers to be proud of (/showthread.php?tid=183)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Flowers to be proud of - Veggie - 08-06-2021

[attachment=3101][attachment=3102] 
Libertia Grandiflora

Tough as old boots perennial - rather scruffy but the flowers are lovely. Don't know how I came by this - probably a charity plant sale; spreads slowly.

RE: Flowers to be proud of - Jimny14 - 08-06-2021

(29-05-2021, 11:36 AM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: I love this clematis, but can't remember the name and have lost the label!! The texture of the flower is like silk.

Could it be a jackmanii?

RE: Flowers to be proud of - PyreneesPlot - 09-06-2021

(08-06-2021, 10:43 PM)Jimny14 Wrote:
(29-05-2021, 11:36 AM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: I love this clematis, but can't remember the name and have lost the label!! The texture of the flower is like silk.

Could it be a jackmanii?

Thanks  Smile but I don't think sp  Sad - RHS says it's a late summer flowering one and mine is all done by mid June and not at all vigorous. But maybe it just needs a good talking to Wink

RE: Flowers to be proud of - JJB - 13-06-2021

The first flower on Ernest Markham clematis, its rather late this year, last year at this time it was covered in blooms

[attachment=3127]

RE: Flowers to be proud of - Mark_Riga - 13-06-2021

Another clematis, bought many moons ago. it has been trailing through the shrub it is on for several years now. There used to be a support for it. The shrub has started to expand quite a bit recently and culd do with cutting back but not sure how to do this without damaging the clematis.

[attachment=3130]

RE: Flowers to be proud of - Mark_Riga - 15-06-2021

A climbing rose this time. It was bought well more than 15 years ago. I thought we had been given the wrong sort as is stayed small and showed no inclination to grow up the arch we planted it by. but 2 years ago it decided to do what it was supposed to do and started to climb.

[attachment=3135]

In the background, you can see the parsnips getting ready to flower for seeds next year, there are 5 planted close together.

RE: Flowers to be proud of - Small chilli - 07-07-2021

My very first peony flower has opened. Shirley temple. She has a beautiful delicate scent. Didn’t know peonies were scented.

[attachment=3408]

RE: Flowers to be proud of - Small chilli - 19-07-2021

Another first. I’m proud of this one, I’ve tried several times to get these to germinate.
First delphinium flowers out

[attachment=3519]

RE: Flowers to be proud of - Small chilli - 24-07-2021

I’m loving these little flowers. I nearly didn’t sow any.
linaria fairy lights.

[attachment=3552] [attachment=3553]

The first of the corn cockles is flowering.

[attachment=3554]

RE: Flowers to be proud of - Small chilli - 02-09-2021

I’m growing lots of flowers for the first time this year. I’m leaning how pretty they most of them are. I think I’m actually starting to like flowers  Smile .

[attachment=3773]

Very first hollyhock  Heart