Garden And Gossip Forums
Flowers to be proud of - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Flowers and Ornamentals (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: All about Flowers and Ornamentals (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Flowers to be proud of (/showthread.php?tid=183)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Flowers to be proud of - Small chilli - 28-05-2021

(28-05-2021, 01:40 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 01:47 PM)Veggie Wrote: You can never have too many daffs. Smile
Just bought myself a bulb planter so I'm fully prepared! I've never used one but hoping it's easier than digging holes with a spade?
I’ve used one. Loathsome thing.

RE: Flowers to be proud of - JJB - 28-05-2021

(28-05-2021, 12:15 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Is that the one related to monkey flower? It’s very pretty .

I've no idea what it's real name is but it looks like a mimulus, therefore I'm assuming it's a cultivated form of monkey flower.  The pal that gave them to me, a later yellow one and this orange one, did say they came from a garden center near Bridport.  She hadn't managed to kill them off so they must be resilient.  It doesn't mind the frosts and flowers early.   Dead easy to propagate hence my fears it might take over.

RE: Flowers to be proud of - Veggie - 28-05-2021

[attachment=2994]

This is the yellow ?mimulus that appeared in the garden and is spreading!!

A couple of years ago I bought 3 Yellow sticker Orchids - they had the remains of flowers but that was it.  The withered petals dropped off and I didn't know what the flower looked like.
The plants were really ugly and shoved in the GH out of sight - but I couldn't bring myself to chuck them.
This week, they've surprised me with flowers and "Keikis" (No. I had no idea what they were either!)

[attachment=2996][attachment=2998]

[attachment=2997] These things with aerial roots are Keikis - I should be able to grow more plants with them. Smile

Before you ask, I think its a Dendrobium Nobile.

RE: Flowers to be proud of - Small chilli - 28-05-2021

Beautiful veggie. It’s definitely a dendrobium  Smile .
I put my 2 orchids in the polytunnel last year , I thought they’d enjoy some real warmth & sun. They didn’t! They never recovered.

These have been in GH No 4 for about 2 years - ignored, never fed, hardly watered. Perhaps they like to be treated rough?

RE: Flowers to be proud of - JJB - 29-05-2021

(28-05-2021, 04:41 PM)Veggie Wrote: This is the yellow ?mimulus that appeared in the garden and is spreading!!

I've been warned  Cry  we'll see whether I'm still enamoured this time next year.

RE: Flowers to be proud of - JJB - 29-05-2021

Your orchids are lovely Veggie. I've killed more orchids than I've had hot dinners. I had this grand scheme to try an recreate a small version of our house in Bangkok with an abundance of orchids and bougainvillea. Failed miserably of course.

RE: Flowers to be proud of - PyreneesPlot - 29-05-2021

I love this clematis, but can't remember the name and have lost the label!! The texture of the flower is like silk.

[attachment=3014]
For the first time it has reached the top of the pergola - usually the slugs munch the stem so it has to start from scratch each spring. Although maybe I should be pruning it hard anyway Huh

RE: Flowers to be proud of - doublyjonah - 08-06-2021

A lupin (only one so far!) that I grew from seed.

[attachment=3096]