Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - Good Morning,. Afternoon, Night - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2023 - Good Morning,. Afternoon, Night (/showthread.php?tid=1792)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: 2023 - Good Morning,. Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 25-10-2023

Lots of good bits coming up, SC, shame you have to wear a dress for some of it. Big Grin
We'll keep your seat warm until you come back!

RE: 2023 - Good Morning,. Afternoon, Night - JJB - 25-10-2023

Enjoy the wedding SC and the gathering of the clans.

RE: 2023 - Good Morning,. Afternoon, Night - SarrissUK - 25-10-2023

Enjoy every minute of it Smile

RE: 2023 - Good Morning,. Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 29-10-2023

Did you all remember to put the clocks back?
I have 2 clocks that I can see from my bed - one that reacts to movement - tap it and it lights up and the other is a clock radio. When I woke up I could see the clock radio and thought "No rush to get up, I can stay here for another hour". Next time I stirred, I tapped the bedside clock and it was really late. I hadn't realised that the clock radio had reset itself automatically. It was good to have a lie-in. Big Grin

RE: 2023 - Good Morning,. Afternoon, Night - Vinny - 29-10-2023

(29-10-2023, 02:48 PM)Veggie Wrote: Did you all remember to put the clocks back?
I have 2 clocks that I can see from my bed - one that reacts to movement - tap it and it lights up and the other is a clock radio. When I woke up I could see the clock radio and thought "No rush to get up, I can stay here for another hour". Next time I stirred, I tapped the bedside clock and it was really late. I hadn't realised that the clock radio had reset itself automatically. It was good to have a lie-in. Big Grin
Similar to me, my watch gave the old time and my phone gave the updated time. Either way ,I had a lie in as I was up watching the boxing until after 1.00am. Rolleyes

RE: 2023 - Good Morning,. Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 29-10-2023

I saw some of the boxing too. Fury should have lost. He didn't even look like a boxer, with his shorts falling down and his fat wobbling.

RE: 2023 - Good Morning,. Afternoon, Night - Small chilli - 29-10-2023

On the ferry on the way home  Cool . The wedding was really good.  I had take away. I went to a garden centre  Cool . Now looking forward to seeing my boys. Hopefully starting on the build again very soon  Big Grin

RE: 2023 - Good Morning,. Afternoon, Night - Vinny - 30-10-2023

(29-10-2023, 05:44 PM)Veggie Wrote: I saw some of the boxing too. Fury should have lost. He didn't even look like a boxer, with his shorts falling down and his fat wobbling.
Agreed! The undercard had some good fights though! Rolleyes

RE: 2023 - Good Morning,. Afternoon, Night - Vinny - 30-10-2023

Morning all

Sitting here this morning hogging a hot cup of coffee, gee-ing myself up to take Kato for a long walk! He is impatient,I have trousers on instead of shorts and  a jumper on. I just can't get warm this morning and all my joints are aching. I feel like death warmed up. Sick

Hopefully, a brisk walk will warm me up and make me feel better. Big Grin

Take care everyone and have a nice day! Cool

RE: 2023 - Good Morning,. Afternoon, Night - Mark_Riga - 03-11-2023

Looked in the polytunnel just and found a few ripe figs. There are quite a lot of big carrots there still but not much else now.

Looked under some litter, a seedtray and tiles lying near my autumn onions and found about 10 slugs some quite big black ones. I hope that I got all the ones that had been devouring them. There were about 120 planted out only about 90 left.

Looked in the greenhouse and there are about 30 baby garlic sprouting in pots, little bulbils taken from the tops of this years garlic. I'll need to find somewhere to plant them but they are far too small as yet. There are lots of small aubergines in there. The plants have grown big and lush this year but the fruit have been disappointingly small but lots of them.

There is still some hedgerow I'd like to get back in control and need to cut back some hawthorn that is turning into trees. Could do with a chainsaw but mine was damaged by mice, I'll need to see if it is still useable. In the same place is a large lilac that I would like to cut back also as it is killing a nice Japanese maple tree but it has a clematis climbing through it and there is lots of ivy rampaging through the lot as well.

Just come in for a cup of tea and dinner, rain expected soon so might not get anything done this afternoon. I need to check on the butternut squash. They were very late forming any fruit this year and I haven't picked any yet - but no frosts forecast at the moment.