Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - Seeds and Stuff I've bought/acquired - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What seeds and garden stuff I bought today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+--- Thread: 2023 - Seeds and Stuff I've bought/acquired (/showthread.php?tid=1788)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: 2023 - Seeds and Stuff I've bought/acquired - Scarlet - 06-02-2023

I get huge rashes from tomato foliage, I also had some large blisters on my face once from "something" in the garden after a days gardening - I thought it maybe euphorbia but wasnt 100% sure..... didnt realise parsnips could be an issue!

I try to be careful now - long sleeves, I dont wear gloves but wash hands regularly and try not to touch my face.

RE: 2023 - Seeds and Stuff I've bought/acquired - Farendwoman - 06-02-2023

I always get a reaction from picking euphorbia.
My lips in particular get very red and swollen, even though I try very hard not to touch my face.
I now call the plant euphorbotox!

RE: 2023 - Seeds and Stuff I've bought/acquired - Veggie - 10-02-2023

Bought some reduced Franchi seeds with sow by dates of June 2023. All beans.
I'm keeping a list of everything garden related that I buy in 2023 and once I start picking crops I'll keep another list - see how it balances out.

RE: 2023 - Seeds and Stuff I've bought/acquired - JJB - 11-02-2023

I've bought some cucumber Honey Plus, White Satin carrots and 10 lit of perlite. Some string and 2" sq peat pots from the local discount store.

RE: 2023 - Seeds and Stuff I've bought/acquired - JJB - 12-02-2023

Free p&p and price reductions, who can resist.
Sweetcorn honeydew
Tomato summerlast
Wallflower seed

RE: 2023 - Seeds and Stuff I've bought/acquired - Garrett - 14-02-2023

Received my order from Marshall's:
More Yin Yang beans (80 seeds in packet)
Zebrune shallot (75 seeds)
Honeydew Improved F1 sweetcorn (50 seeds)
Unwins Almost Black sweet pea (20 seeds)

The lot came to about £5.50 with free P&P so I'm pleased with that. I didn't have any sweetcorn seeds so I needed those. I've seen a lot of gardeners on YouTube rave about Zebrune so I wanted to try them. I love really dark inky coloured sweet peas so the Almost Black look good.

Exciting!

RE: 2023 - Seeds and Stuff I've bought/acquired - Garrett - 14-02-2023

I also got some bits from Tesco:
2 x secateurs (anvil & bypass)
Thick garden gloves for all the upcoming pruning
Strawberry netting

RE: 2023 - Seeds and Stuff I've bought/acquired - Farendwoman - 10-10-2023

Ordered various Iris reticulata bulbs to cheer me up when there isn’t much else showing in the garden.
As always - overdid it - 150 bulbs!!
Silly really!
They’ll have to go with the 150 Erlicheer narcissi that are still in bags on the kitchen floor waiting for me to get round to planting them.
Suspect it’ll be a job for my long suffering ® .

RE: 2023 - Seeds and Stuff I've bought/acquired - JJB - 10-10-2023

I've bought some parasene plastic coated metal stakes from the local In-Excess store as well as clippy things that connect them together.

[attachment=7141]

RE: 2023 - Seeds and Stuff I've bought/acquired - toomanytommytoes - 14-10-2023

Last week I went to the local garden centres and bought some winter flowering heathers for a new flower bed. Now I have 3 each of Erica x darleyensis 'Kramer's Rote' and Erica erigena 'W.T. Rackliff'. Also picked up some more Iris reticulata, Allium sphaerocephalon , dwarf tulips and botanical crocus bulbs because they were much cheaper than buying online.

Both garden centres are right next door to each other, one is much smaller and more old fashioned, the other is new, expensive, stinks of pot pourri and is full of chintzy non-gardening related rubbish. It does however have a good reduced section where I found some Berberis thunbergii for very cheap so I got one each of Admiration, Harlequin and Nana in 3L pots for the total of £10.

I spent some Nectar points on eBay and got a Mahonia aquifolium 'Apollo' and I've ordered a Mahonia nitens 'Cabaret' and some mixed candelabra primulas from JParkers.