Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 20-09-2023

(19-09-2023, 11:10 AM)Mark_Riga Wrote:
(18-09-2023, 03:54 PM)Bren Wrote: Picked toms then roasted them in the oven while I baked some mince pies.

A bit early for us to make mince pies but definitely need to get some mince meat. Might try making some this year but will need a good recipie.

I do like Mince pies they're not just for Christmas.  Smile

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 20-09-2023

Working with Bob got rained off. Picked up the sales barrow as it got blown over. It’s now packed away for the winter. Removed tunnel cover from the electric fence. Rolled it up dropped a big stone on it. Stood up a few plants. Tied a few plants to table legs to hopefully stop them snapping.

[attachment=7058]

Glad I cut down all the beans & chillies already

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 21-09-2023

Tied up the sunflowers which had blown down. Not sure they'll survive as some stems had snapped.  Sad
Potted up some of the calendula and cerinthe that were sown earlier this month. 
Ground too wet to do much outside.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 22-09-2023

Removed GH shading and a couple of tom plants that had finished. Gave the other plants a trim there's not many toms left to ripen.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Vinny - 22-09-2023

Still progressing with my bedroom makeover (only been a couple of months now Sick ) but I did chop back a lavatera bush that was poking me in the eye every time I went past! Cool

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 22-09-2023

(22-09-2023, 04:11 PM)Vinny Wrote: Still progressing with my bedroom makeover (only been a couple of months now Sick ) but I did chop back a lavatera bush that was poking me in the eye every time I went past! Cool
Sorry Vinny, but that sounds like the lavatera is in your bedroom - which conjures up an En-Suite Lavatera. Big Grin

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 22-09-2023

Dug up more blighted toms. Chopped down some CFBs, saving the damp 'crispy' beans. Pulled up weeds as I went. Dodged the showers.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 23-09-2023

Surveyed the damage from the high winds during the week. Harvested dried and drying beans from the collapsed bean and mystery squash frame. Picked flowers and harvested some bits. Pulled a few weeds. Spent half the time wrangling the little ones.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 23-09-2023

Worked. Mowed. Put cover back on the polytunnel. It might last a few more week. Put new strimmer cord in the strimmer. Not done that before.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - MartinH - 23-09-2023

Today I got the pond liner in and started filling it up. Next jobs are to do the edges and put a pump in.

[attachment=7068]