Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 05-09-2023

Relocated some bulbs, planted out some bits and bobs gasping for a home, weeded, collected beech mast that's covering everything, dug out some crocosmia, watered.
The copper beech is a truly beautiful tree but she is definitely a hussy. She drops her flowers, mast and leaves all of which cause problems. Smile This year is a really good year for mast, which means it a really bad year for spiky debris over beds and lawns.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 06-09-2023

More debrambling and apple tree pruning in the shade.
Took some accidental cuttings of a rose that was originally grown from a cutting and planted in the apple tree bed. When planted the apple tree was much smaller and upright. Now, you can only spot the rose when its in flower as the apple tree has spread around it. I'll try to grow these cuttings and plant them in a better place.
Spread a load of grass cuttings around the courgettes in the old pond. Very hot today.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 06-09-2023

Finished digging the trench around new bed. Filled new bed with what ever compost/ soil I could find. And planted it up . Collect seeds

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Vinny - 07-09-2023

More weeding at allotment yesterday. Feeling a bit achy this morning as did a full on workout at gym last night. Hardest session I have ever had so far as I was the only one who turned up, so I was beasted, one on one. Cry Utilising a hanging hoop doing pike and straddle lifts, then donning boxing gloves and doing pad work with jab crosses, head shots,body shots,uppercuts in fast succession. Then on to various 'planks' including side planks, eagle crunches and finally multiple sit ups punching 10 times 8 time 6 times and so on. I didn't let on but I was at the edge of my endurance and with it being a warm night I had to stand by my car for five minute to cool down when it was all over! Rolleyes
Still enjoyed it though! Big Grin Even had a can of draught Guiness to celebrate once I got home.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 07-09-2023

I haven't a clue what you're talking about, Vinny, but, if it makes you happy, do it. Big Grin

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 07-09-2023

Whatever rocks your boat Vinny. It sounds like a huge achievement, just not one I'm going to rush out to compete with. My competitive spirit is restricted to pumpkins and the exercise gene is entirely missing but respect to you for carrying on in the heat.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 07-09-2023

Made damson jam …. Far too much of it but ® loves it.
And also blackberry vinegar with some ancient blackberries from bottom of freezer.
They would’ve been excavated and tossed otherwise!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 07-09-2023

Put a thick layer of wood chip mulch on the new bed. Collected seeds. Watered everything. Fed the compost bin. Sort out lots of my plants that are in the waiting area Big Grin . Quite a few died of boredom apparently.  And a few have had a great time and needed pruning a little. Weeded some of the pots . And potted on or repotted a few as well.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 07-09-2023

Hacked my way behind GH2 where the grapevine has been making its bid for world domination. I didn't mind it shading the roof of the GH over summer but the ripe grapes that I could see from inside the GH were annoying me - because I couldn't reach them! For the first time ever, the birds haven't been eating the grapes - probably full up with raspberries and gooseberries. Still more grapes to pick - maybe tomorrow. Not sure what to do with them - they're a bit small for eating as a bunch. May try the steam juicer, if I can remember where it is.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 08-09-2023

Last couple of days, sorted out the leaf mould bags behind the shed, made 5 jars of HFW Glutney. Helped to move a Belfast sink we'd taken out of lean-too onto some concrete blocks.