Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 23-08-2023

I've been scrabbling around in the dirt underneath a large privet hedge trying to get rid of the ivy growing up through it. Nextdoor house is under offer and as the job has to be done from their side we might not get the opportunity in the future. Funny that it's me being of smaller stature that is elected to go underneath on my belly. Smile

RE: 2023 - What I did today - MartinH - 23-08-2023

Ow ow ow. Tying up some raspberry canes, a wasp stung me on the knuckle. I went inside to wash my hands, while I was doing it two more wasps stung me on my back, having got under my t-shirt.
Ow ow ow ow!

I knew there was a nest nearby, I should have been more cautious I suppose.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Vinny - 23-08-2023

(22-08-2023, 11:41 PM)Veggie Wrote: Spent most of the day making jam and mushroom soup but managed to squeeze in a bit of weeding in between.
Reading that back sounds like I made soup out of jam and mushrooms. I assure you I'm not that weird!
.....If you say so Veggie! Rolleyes

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Vinny - 23-08-2023

(23-08-2023, 01:12 PM)MartinH Wrote: Ow ow ow. Tying up some raspberry canes, a wasp stung me on the knuckle. I went inside to wash my hands, while I was doing it two more wasps stung me on my back, having got under my t-shirt.
Ow ow ow ow!

Can't 'like' this I am afraid but I feel your pain! Cry

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 23-08-2023

(23-08-2023, 01:12 PM)MartinH Wrote: Ow ow ow. Tying up some raspberry canes, a wasp stung me on the knuckle. I went inside to wash my hands, while I was doing it two more wasps stung me on my back, having got under my t-shirt.
Ow ow ow ow!

Cry

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 23-08-2023

Tying up raspberry canes, cutting down brambles, pulling up nettles, weeding and randomly scattering old radish seeds.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 25-08-2023

Planted daffodil bulbs and fed pumpkin

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 25-08-2023

Yesterday was chopping down lovage before it seeds everywhere. I'm probably too late as the seeds were flying off in all directions!
Today I trimmed the tomato plants in GH1 and planted some DFB seedlings in some empty pots. Also planted outdoors 4 bean plants that the panel thought were O del Papa Lima beans. Its probably too late for them to do much as well. Like the White Rabbit I'm too late for everything!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 27-08-2023

Planted lettuce into buckets got rained of so I'll finish of the rest today.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 27-08-2023

I've scrumped ome apples from the empty house next door, the apple crop round here is dire, I'm hoping they'll get a bit bigger later on. So picked some blackberries too. Processed (stewed) apples for P's pudding (not pease pudding, Veggie ), may puree the blackberries as they're huge but very seedy.