Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 14-08-2023

Planted a few more daffodil bulbs. Transplanted some wild flowers that had grown in the drive to the wild flower area. Fed pumpkin. Tied up chilli plant. Collected seeds. Picked stuff for tea.

And got to use my compost thermometer for the first time  Big Grin

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Vinny - 15-08-2023

Yesterday I got a chance to hone up my plastering skills on a bedroom wall! Quite impressed with results. Cool Today, and its on to electrics, bludgening a hole in the wall for a metal socket pattress. I've purposely waitied until my next door neighbour is away to do this as it is the party wall I am bludgening! Rolleyes Once thats completed, it's back to plastering again!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 15-08-2023

Yesterday was wet so an indoors day. I cleaned the oven then had to wash the kitchen floor. Oh yes I do hate housework! Today is Tuesday so it out with the girls for a pre-birthday coffee and cakes at Sandra's house and perhaps pressies. She can have some tomatoes and cucumbers in exchange whether she wants them or not. Smile

(11-08-2023, 06:56 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 06:44 PM)JJB Wrote: All good intentions Vinny, have you set yourself a timescale?
..............and a spreadsheet.  Big Grin
No need for that kind of language, this is a family forum! Rolleyes

(11-08-2023, 06:44 PM)JJB Wrote: All good intentions Vinny, have you set yourself a timescale?
Before I die?.....hopefully! Big Grin

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 15-08-2023

Made a little fence to go round the daffodil & foxglove bed next to the post box.
Emptied the compost from a fish box onto a stony part of the wildlife area. And sow seeds in it.
Started off another weed tea. My last one it turns out, was in a very poor choice of container. It disintegrates on the back of the trailer, when we moved it. Leaving me with a pile of very slimy rotting weeds, broken plastic and a big stinky puddle on the trailer  Rolleyes .
So this one is being made in an old beer barrel.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 15-08-2023

some weeding in the greenhouse, harvested 1/2 row potatoes, look to be mainly kestrel with a few rocket. Very little slug damage. Then picked some dried peas for next year. Noticed some broad bean seed pods were black now and need harvesting. Checked the up-to-date onions that I'm saving seeds from. They are not nearly ripe yet but I will need keep an eye on them just in case something decides they are edible. The dwarf beans for drying are maturing now and will need picking soon.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 16-08-2023

Finally finished planting the daffodil bulbs. Well the ones my Nan brought me many moons ago. They’d multiplied a lot! Now I’ve just got the 80+ daffodils I won to plant. Transplanted some yarrow, devils bit scabious & heather. Dug out some young gorse plants. Emptied another fish box of spent compost onto the stony part of the wild flower area. Collected seeds. Direct sown/ thrown seeds.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 16-08-2023

Path weeding, pulling up montbretia, picking and pruning apple trees.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 17-08-2023

Finished filling the weed tea barrel with weeds. Fed everything in the tunnel. Got Bob to help me rescue and tie down 2 suicidal chillie plants. Keep throwing themselves of the staging. Started building outdoor display shelves for my glass bottles.