Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 09-08-2023

Yesterday was wet here too so I spent it shopping for ingredients and making strawberry jam - soft set!! Disappointing after all that messy work. Not sure that I can face emptying the jars and reboiling it now.
Today's weather was a big improvement - dried some washing in the sun.
Cut down an ? ornamental grapevine that taking over the world and casting lots of shade where I want sun. Need to dig it up, if possible but its in an awkward spot.
Removed the DFBs from GH1 as they're covered in whitefly.
Pulled up lots of plantain which spreads to easily. Fortunately, its easy to pull up. Quite satisfying doing so.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 09-08-2023

I did some more daffodil bulb planting. I put rocks all round the outside and inside edges of the ferret run. Try to stop her digging her way out. Mowed & strimmed .

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 09-08-2023

Collected dried pea pods for next years seeds, then more weeding.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 10-08-2023

Potted up some strawberry runners to fill gaps. Murdered some (many) cabbage caterpillars crippling the nasturtiums. Rescued some dahlias and asters from being strangled by the morning glory.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 10-08-2023

Watered and fed Peg the Pumpkin and its patch mate the Baked Potato squash. Watered gh's. Picked a load of veg to take to son's tomorrow. Propped up gladioli in the wind with canes. Picked raspberries. All on a shopping day too.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 10-08-2023

Its Garden waste collection day tomorrow so I filled 2 wheelie bins with brambles and other plants I don't need in the garden - convolvulus, sticky willie, dock, feverfew (before it seeds everywhere) and I can't remember what else. Most of it was growing behind GH3 in an area I seldom visit.
Chopped up some more grapevine but that can stay as mulch - I only bin the weeds that may spread.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Vinny - 11-08-2023

For the first few days in a while, we have sunsaine and what am I doing, decorating a flaming bedroom! Rolleyes

I have finally stripped all the wallpaper off and moved out makeshift wardrobs to make a bit of room. I have polyfilla for cracked wals but in places I have pulled off the plaster. Went yesterday and purchased a big bag of plaster to patch these areas up and I had already bought emulsion for ceiling and a paint roller set.

I have a new 30 inch high silver padded headboard and a new industrial design duvet cover, but neither of thee are being used until I finish the rest of the room which may take some time.
I have some thick silver ,lined, blackout curtains which are too long for the window. Rathet than shorten them I have an idea of moving the rail for them nearer to the ceiling so that the bottoms  are a couple of inches above the floor! Huh

After that it's sort out my open wardrobe space and chuck out stuff I never wear to achieve the minimalist look like the rest of the room!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 11-08-2023

All good intentions Vinny, have you set yourself a timescale?

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 11-08-2023

(11-08-2023, 06:44 PM)JJB Wrote: All good intentions Vinny, have you set yourself a timescale?
..............and a spreadsheet.  Big Grin

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 13-08-2023

Placed a compost bin and filled it with lots of things I’ve been collecting over the last few months (mostly dead heading, prunings , weeds) also I added lots of ripped up cardboard and I mowed so I could add some grass clippings. Also collected more seeds. Then the rain stopped play……..again.